High Tide Aquatics

Unicorn

The Star Wars thing at Disney land has a $42 cocktail. Now I’ve seen everything, and will never question how expensive something is again. Makes $19.50 22oz craft beers at giants game seem like a steal!

Wait, so you didn’t return it and you haven’t paid him for it yet?? What’s the deal with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mozby, since you decided to do this publicly, I’ll respond. it’s none of your business about my financial agreement with Mario. If you feel you need to be aware of our arrangement, I suggest you contact Mario.

Finally got one. Anyone want to come install it lol

0360c3c5e0eaf9d973c8f24e7a66bb6f.jpg

My friend has 2 available. Not cheap $1100 he posted on Craigslist. Yes it’s overpriced but some people are actually willing to pay that much. [emoji2369]

My friend has 2 available. Not cheap $1100 he posted on Craigslist. Yes it’s overpriced but some people are actually willing to pay that much. [emoji2369]

I’d rather pay them a consulting fee to understand how one comes by TWO Tridents this early.

I’d rather pay them a consulting fee to understand how one comes by TWO Tridents this early.
Pay me the consulting fee (or not since I'm telling you up front).
You put in line for one at a LFS, and then slip one of your fish buddies to do the same. If I'd gotten in line at my LFS in TX when released I'd have mine by now, as it is I'm only a few weeks out at this point, and they're only getting one per week. I also was online with enough time to get one at BRS when they first came out, so the opportunity was there. I opted instead to let someone who will hopefully use it get them, but it isn't as hard as people might think.

*sigh*

and I'll keep any further comments to myself, because this kind of stuff gets me quite heated.
I bet I can make you comment.

You’re kind of a conundrum. As I understand you, you complained about map pricing on the other thread because you say that retailers should be able to choose whatever price they want to charge the consumer and let the consumer decide who they buy from. That would be a pro capitalism position. In this case (again, as I understand you) you think it’s wrong for the guy to sell his property for a price that you feel is more than reasonable. That would be an anti capitalism position. How do you reconcile your two positions?

Well I'll reply to your comment, I won't make comment about Edgar's friend because I like Edgar so don't want to diss his homies :)

That said the key difference here is one is a retailer the other is a consumer who simply is "hording" a limited stock to make a quick buck, these types of things are not unique to this as you would see them every single time a new video game system came out "in limited numbers", or the latest iPhone, or whatnot. Maybe not so ironically if the store itself, lets just use Neptune as an example, decided to charge that amount I would have ZERO problem with it, they are a retailer who's charging that to their customers and in this instance they do need to weigh the pros and cons about alienating existing customer basis by charging more than what can be achieved elsewhere. When an individual does it it's price gouging in order to make a quick buck

And while this doesn't affect me directly as I have the "Cheap gene" which allows me to wait for something with ZERO problems, I do feel for my fellow reefers who do want this now and maybe they can't get it because certain individuals bought as many as possible through whatever means possible. And I would really compare this to scalpers, or someone who buys an essential product like water in times of need (natural disaster or at concerts) and sells at overly inflated prices to make a quick buck

Yea buying more than you can use just to price gauge later is definitely against the spirit of the “limit one per customer” that the LFS and online stores have been following to give everyone a fair chance at a fair price.

Reminds me of the ticket scalper problem.
First it was a few people selling in front of concerts, then on Craigslist.
Now there are giant bulk buyers, perhaps even Ticketmaster themselves, that buy and resell on StubHub.

---

We have waited years for Trident/others.
I can wait a bit longer.
No need to pay 2X and likely loose the warranty.

Plus with Mindstream out now, I am no longer entirely sure which to buy.

Back