Jestersix

Inexpensive Chiller Recommendations

couldnt find a fan anywhere in daly ctiy. so i had to DIY a computer case fan till the one i ordered gets here. brought the temp down to 79.. going to rig up another one
IMG_2110.jpg

More data to prove the point of fans. Yesterday I grabbed my desk fan from work.
Orange line is water temperature (left Y axis)
Blue line is air temperature next to the tank (right Y axis)
It’s confusing due to how Fusion plots it, but the lights were off all day yesterday, and on all day today.
I put a Honeywell HT-900 fan in my window at 11 last night and the orange dot is when I moved it to the display tank surface around 7:30 this morning.

So, yesterday 86.2*F air with no lights and still 86.3*F water. Today 88*F air with the lights on yet only 81.8*F water.

6A5E06BF-71AA-489A-83E5-78F454F69531.jpeg

More data to prove the point of fans. Yesterday I grabbed my desk fan from work.
Orange line is water temperature (left Y axis)
Blue line is air temperature next to the tank (right Y axis)
It’s confusing due to how Fusion plots it, but the lights were off all day yesterday, and on all day today.
I put a Honeywell HT-900 fan in my window at 11 last night and the orange dot is when I moved it to the display tank surface around 7:30 this morning.

So, yesterday 86.2*F air with no lights and still 86.3*F water. Today 88*F air with the lights on yet only 81.8*F water.

View attachment 12095

How did you get air temperature into the Apex?

Ashburn is correct. I had a spare PM2, so I hooked it up as a temperature probe.
My current apartment is not air conditioned and generally not heated unless I’m there. If the tank temperature is getting out of bounds I can tell if the cause is my aquarium heating or cooling systems not working as expected vs. simply not being able to handle an unusual ambient temperature.

Back