High Tide Aquatics

ro/di systems

jamie

Supporting Member
hi guys, anyone have a good recommendation for a ro/di system. think it wil be my next big purchase. i dont mind spending a tad bit more for some extra bells and whistles, but im not trying to break the bank either. they're just so many to choose from, was thinking of getting a 4 stage one at least. . they have a 6 stage on BRS for less than 300 bucks. i usually do a 2.5 gallon water change on my 30 every week. sometimes 2 twice if im messing round with the tank. the lfs i like to go to is 20 miles one way. so its not close. thanks

I have the same spectrapure RODI. The flush valve and the built in pressure gauge are nice additions. Similar in cost to BRS systems with a few extra features.

will i still need some kind of pump, or just a line to the faucet?

The pressure gauge will show if you need to add a booster pump. You can get a pressure gauge from the plumbing department at HD/Lowe's to test the faucet where you intent to use as feed for your RO unit so you know beforehand

I would bet that you will have enough pressure to run it without a booster pump. It may not be as efficient, but for your small volumes it should be fine.

Back