Neptune Aquatics

Tap Water Purifier

MolaMola

Supporting Member
An oldie but a goodie, but only if you have old school chlorine in your water and low TDS (no RO). NOT EFFECTIVE WITH CHLORAMINE (need a carbon block).
Used this for years with my home reef tank and packed the cylinder with bulk carbon and DI resins.

TWP2.png

TWP.jpg

YES, lemons are included!
Prefer a supporting member. In Pleasant Hill, but happy to bring to future club event.

You just need to add a faucet adapter:
TWP3.png

Last edited:
Hetch Hetchy water is surprisingly clean.

Did they say what percentage of water they change out and how often they do water changes?

That could be a huge amount of water.

Wonder how much the spent on a pipe going out to the ocean to bring in water before they abandoned that idea and went to Instant Ocean, or if that pipe was part of the old Academy
That pipe was part of the old building. According to Charles Delbeek, they abandoned using NSW because it was really high in phosphates and ammonia. go figure....

That pipe was part of the old building. According to Charles Delbeek, they abandoned using NSW because it was really high in phosphates and ammonia. go figure....
hahaha, yeah... sure you want to believe those SF sewage people when they say that water going out is cleaner than the water you drink?

Hetch Hetchy water is surprisingly clean.

Did they say what percentage of water they change out and how often they do water changes?

That could be a huge amount of water.

Their main reef display is around 200,000 gallons I believe. I think they said they have been doing about two 15,000 gallon changes a week because both their skimmers have been offline for about 5 weeks.

At the Steinhart last Saturday, we learned that they just purify their water with lots of carbon.

Lots of carbon is an understatement, they have two ginormous room sized vats of carbon they filter the water through. I think they said they have four 15,000 gallon storage tanks under their mixing room.

Back