Jestersix

Hi All!

CaptainB

Supporting Member
New member here. I've had reef tanks on and off for 15 years or so. I used to live in Alameda but when a lot of the local shops shut down (Alameda Aquatics, Octopus' Garden, Lucky Goldfish) it became a hassle. Living in an apartment, no way to mix water. I shut down with the shops.

Moved out to Concord 5 years ago and got the itch with the space afforded by home ownership and my old tanks staring at me in the garage. I started up my old 34g Solana about 2 years ago and it's been going ok. Nice to have places like Diablo Corals I can just shoot over to.

Currently planning upgrade (the tank is on the shipping truck from LA as I write this) to a 110g 48x24x22h. Hoping to start a build thread and get some advice as that goes along.

Anyways... Hello

Welcome! I’m nearby in Walnut Creek. Great to connect with another local reef keeper.

There is a get together coming up in 2 weeks (link to details on the front page of the site). You should consider attending, and if you want, becoming a supporting member.

I'll probably support but a first event as a lunch at someone's home is a bit intimidating. I'll bring some stuff to a frag swap :)

Hey, neighbor - I’m just in Pleasant Hill. My big tank is almost same size as yours. I look forward to watching your tank get set up.

I agree with JVU. It will be a friendly, casual gathering to check out Dick's tanks, chat with people about what's going on in theirs, talk about your setup plans or get suggestions if you like, eat some tasty food. You will not be standing around with no one to talk to.

Reactions: JVU
I remember my first frag swap. I thought it was very intimidating with so many people and conversations. It was hard to get to know people. Small gatherings, like the one Dick is hosting, is really the best place to meet people, chat about reef, and enjoy the day.

Reactions: JVU
Back