Reef nutrition

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Hi everyone!

I'm Brian and I am also a CVR member. I have a 180 that I am rebuilding after about a 1 & 1/2 years worth of slacking off. I'm glad to be here because you guys seem like a nice bunch of people.

[quote author=bljohnson link=topic=431.msg45536#msg45536 date=1213386801]
LOL, I live in Turlock but work in Modesto. I actually grew up in Atwater. How long did you live in Modesto?
[/quote]14 years, moved to Philly and lived there for 9 years after. Made it to Davis High and then got transplanted, October record heat in Mo town 108, got to Philly and it was 38 with horizontal rain, saddest day of my life.

Anyway welcome, and hope to see you at one of the meetings.

Hi Brian,

Welcome! I'm a new member as well (see previous page of thread)! Hope to catch you at one of the meetings!

Whoa, I'm a Modesto transplant as well! Spent most of my days growing up in Modesto. Went to Grace M Davis High School there, a couple years at Modesto Jr. College before transferring out of Modesto to complete my education. Haven't been back since except for a class reunion!

[quote author=Mike1962 link=topic=431.msg45573#msg45573 date=1213400921]

Haven't been back since except for a class reunion!
[/quote]

And you're a better man for it!!! j/k Brian, Mo town is still a nicer place to live than 90% of the country.

Mike if you went to Davis, what part of town did you grow up in? I grew up in the way North area near, but not in Del Rio, went to Stanislaus, then Prescott.

I dunno about that Tube.... there was an article in the Mod Bee about 4-5 months ago that ranked the worst cities in the US to live in... Stockton was like 9 or 10 and Modesto was like 3 or 4. LOL.

[quote author=bljohnson link=topic=431.msg45581#msg45581 date=1213406592]
I dunno about that Tube.... there was an article in the Mod Bee about 4-5 months ago that ranked the worst cities in the US to live in... Stockton was like 9 or 10 and Modesto was like 3 or 4. LOL.
[/quote]Yeah, I know, I guess there's some hometown pride.

Mo town is pretty cool. We used to hold our dog shows at Enselen Park

People hot is one thing but dogs being hot is completely a different story :D

Tuberider,

It's been so long I'm not sure what part of town it was. I went to Everett Elementary, then Roosevelt Jr. High then on to Davis. Later my family moved more towards what I guess is South Modesto, and my sisters went to Modesto High School.

Hi everyone. My name is Hiep. I've met some of you already but I finally decided to join the club and put some faces to the names. I've been trying to make it out to meetings but have been too busy with work and having our first baby so it's been tough.

Right now I have a nano in my office at work that keeps me busy and a propagation tank at home. I'm trying to convince my wife we need another tank in our small apartment but she won't let me.

I started saltwater ten years ago when I was in college but had no money so the setup was real basic. I started reef about 6 years ago and have been an addict since. Now that I have a real job I feed my addiction at an unbelievable rate. I'm now hooked on SPS and propagation of rare corals. I never thought I would be spending so much on this hobby time or money wise. I've spent as much as $500 on a coral. I've gone through 6 skimmers in the last few months including Euro-Reef, BM, ATB, H&S, and Deltec.

I think it's the engineer in me that wants to understand the science of it all. I hope that BAR can be a resource for me to learn more as well as help others understand more about this fascinating hobby.

And the guys better watch out because I'm hated by many wives. I got 7 co-workers to start up reef tanks and when ever they hang out with me they spend lots of money on it.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=431.msg46514#msg46514 date=1213902927]
New guy has to grill hotdogs for everybody at the BAR Regional Swap :D

Welcome to BAR!
[/quote]

Tradition :D It's either that or the walk down the angry reefer line where we slap you with sea cucumbers :D

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=431.msg46535#msg46535 date=1213911412]
Dang, didn't know there were so many from Modesto.

[/quote]Born in Mo Town, forged in Philly, slicing through the Bay Area like butter 8)

Back