got ethical husbandry?

My Semi-annual upgrade

Thanks Jeremy.

Here you go Phong.
tankbackblack.jpg

Oh you paint the display.. I thought you paint the fuge ;D .. I'm wondering if you paint the sides white or something shinny, would it help reflecting the light?

wow dude, awesome dimensions, i think if i were to upgrade, hopefully in the next 6-7 months, im gonna steal them =)

also, who built the tank?

LOL, Phong. I was thinking about painting the fuge too.
Thanks, Sam
Charles, WMS built it. The build quality could be better, but he was about 600 dollars less then Gen.

Well, I am going low turnover to the sump. My options right now are either 700gph or 500gph total to both tanks (this and the frag tank). So I plan on either 400gph or 300gph to this tank. Norm thinks I'll be fine with the smaller pump. I'm not sure what I want to use. Low turnover = better skimming.

[quote author=iani link=topic=4283.msg54272#msg54272 date=1220376424]
Well, I am going low turnover to the sump. My options right now are either 700gph or 500gph total to both tanks (this and the frag tank). So I plan on either 400gph or 300gph to this tank. Norm thinks I'll be fine with the smaller pump. I'm not sure what I want to use. Low turnover = better skimming.
[/quote]I concur, less turnover is better, do you plan on using a submersible pump? If so what kind?

Thanks, jrock.
Jeremy, I'm going to use your favorite pump. Quiteone 3000 or 4000. I have 2 of each (one back up of each). One is going to run the chiller the other will run both tanks.

So are you going to put a PH in a fuge or something? That thing is big 300-400GPH is not for that tank. Algae does need flow too.

Phong not sure about that yet. Maybe a small one. Going to have sea horses in there and I know they don't like too much flow.

Damm man, here we go.

Thanks to Arnold, Eric, Jeff (and Jeff's GF who watched haha) and David.
Shot of the old display right before we broke it down.
Tanksetup1of15.jpg

Shot of my frag tank that Arnold took (he was the photographer)
Tanksetup2of15.jpg

Breaking down the display
Tanksetup4of15.jpg

Coral holding tubs
Tanksetup3of15.jpg

Setup shots
Arnold seeing if he can reach the bottom
Tanksetup5of15.jpg

Tanksetup6of15.jpg

Installing the reefkeeper elite
Tanksetup7of15.jpg

Tanksetup8of15.jpg

Flush mount :)
Tanksetup14of15.jpg

Placing coral back in
Tanksetup9of15.jpg

Tanksetup10of15.jpg

Tanksetup11of15.jpg

Tanksetup12of15.jpg

Final picture a bit cloudy
Tanksetup13of15.jpg

I'll probably be adding a bit more rock once things settle down a bit. I have tons and tons more room in this tank. The fish are already liking their new home a lot.

Back