Kessil

cool ideas for retro lighting systems?

i wanna purchase 2 lumenbright mini pendants and use them along with my icecap retro t5s. anybody with innovative ways to make this work without it looking tacky?

i'm not sure on the whole canopy thing. i wanna be able to reach my hand into the stand. most canopies i've dealt with is kinda a pain to reach in there.. also, the stand is hecka short. i have to crouch just to see into the tank. all i would see is canopy if i had one on there. lol

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=4464.msg54256#msg54256 date=1220338806]
i wanna purchase 2 lumenbright mini pendants and use them along with my icecap retro t5s. anybody with innovative ways to make this work without it looking tacky?
[/quote]

If you look at my tank journal I'm basically in the boat your going to be in. Just remember since they are lumenbrights they half to be atleast 16 inches above water surface to get the best par. Plus these reflectors put out a narrow concentration unlike the spread that lumenarc provide, hence moving these bad boys higher. I'm in a process of creating a steel stand to hang the canopy.

Check my journal out and read the link posted in regards to lumenbrights.

Hey whats up Sam....have you considered putting a low profile canopy on actuators? it might get a little pricey depending on the actuators you choose, but it might be your best bet for looks and easy access to the top of the tank

Back