Neptune Aquatics

pictures of my Escape

hi everyone. these are some shots of my huge 30g. lol. i've never had professional photography training, so please let me know what im doing wrong.
camera used was a point-and-shoot Canon SD800

The reef is about 2 years old now

IMG_8691wwwf.png

IMG_9925d.png

IMG_1470xx.png

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_8968uuuu.png

IMG_9904d.png

IMG_9846d.png

IMG_8924rrrr.png

IMG_9012zzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrr.png

Who needs professional photography training??? Pictures look pretty damn good to me! What settings did you use with your point and shoot? I have an SD600 and can't seem to get good pictures like this.

Great pictures for a "point and shoot" ! Definitely better than what my junk camera can do. How many megapixels is it? I'll have to look into this camera... Are you happy with its other features?

BTW, very nice tank :)

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5895.msg74284#msg74284 date=1231884317]
Great pictures for a "point and shoot" ! Definitely better than what my junk camera can do. How many megapixels is it? I'll have to look into this camera... Are you happy with its other features?

BTW, very nice tank :)
[/quote]

Thanks.
as far as point-and-shoot cameras go, it was ranked one of the best one last year. it has IS feature for image stability which really helped w/ the fast moving fish. i've never gotten into SLR cameras because i could never accord it, but when the time comes, i'll have YOU to teach me. lol

[quote author=Tom619 link=topic=5895.msg74275#msg74275 date=1231882950]
i put it on macro, turn off alll the lights in my room and keep the camera real steady.
[/quote]

Thanks.
as far as point-and-shoot cameras go, it was ranked one of the best one last year. it has IS feature for image stability which really helped w/ the fast moving fish. i've never gotten into SLR cameras because i could never accord it, but when the time comes, i'll have YOU teach me. lol
[/quote]

I used to do SLR many moons ago, but then my camera got stolen...sigh. Now we have the cheaper point and shoot types, but none do good macro pictures. One of these days, I'll get a good camera again.

You'll want to ask some of the other camera buffs in the club for lessons - I"ll need to catch up with all the new technology, although it has made photography easier, I believe. :)

Not a photo comment but a question...is that a chocolate chip star in a reef tank? 2x tangs in a 30g tank? Yikes :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5895.msg74293#msg74293 date=1231886622]
Not a photo comment but a question...is that a chocolate chip star in a reef tank? 2x tangs in a 30g tank? Yikes :)
[/quote]
shhhh dont tell anyone ^-^
haha
wish i had a bigger house, but honestly, i've had them for over a year now with no problem. no ich either!

It's not the "now" it's the "later" ;) Fish don't stop growing due to limited space or biofiltration, not to mention the fact both those fish travel great distances in their natural habitat. I was more giving you a shot across the bow and some Tang Cops will really let you have it ;)

Is that a chocolate chip star? If so watch him like a hawk as they will and do eat corals with a gusto.

Very nice pictures. I used to have the SD800 but gave it away to my Dad. I have the SD880 so I'll test it out to see pics in macro setting mode.

Thanks for sharing the pics =)

Back