0ld PM's

Discussion in 'Website' started by JAR, Jul 4, 2013.

1. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Are the old PM's gone?

2. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Are you missing all of them? I believe they may be but we could potentially retrieve them if they're important.

3. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

All gone I think. Should they be found under "Conversations"?
    not critical. some phone #'s and private:pmatters in there.:)

goldielocke76 likes this.
  4. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Okay, yeah, it would be under "Conversations" and I'm asking our third-party service to see if it's retrievable. :)

5. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Unfortunately, we will not be able restore PMs due to the technical differences between the two different platforms. Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of foresight in this area.

6. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Oh well,:(
    thanks for trying.

7. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Where is the PM list?
    It's not where it used to be :(

8. denzil

denzil Webmaster

It's known as "Conversations" in XenForo. It's the "Inbox" at the top right of the page next to your username.

9. Kensington Reefer

Ok thanks
    When I went to brandie's 210 thread all I saw was the post reply box. :( ?

10. denzil

denzil Webmaster

You can also start conversations with folks by selecting their username/handle and then selecting "Start a Conversation" in the popup/modal window. :)

11. Kensington Reefer

Are my PM's lost forever? ;(

12. Piper

Piper Guppy

Erin - They are not lost. Denzil knows exactly where they are! We just don't have access to them anymore :)

~Charlie

goldielocke76 and denzil like this.
  13. Kensington Reefer

Boo!
    What happened to the BAR logo? And sponsor banners?

14. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

There is really no way to retrieve the old PMs? A bunch of my planning for the East Bay tank tour was through PM. Its not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to keep those.

15. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Nope, they're still on the old site. ;)
    Waiting on something more appropriate and updated, both the logo and the sponsor banners. Also, an add-on needs to be implemented (which is on the Feature Request thread) in order for us display the banners in select locations around the site.

There may be a way but it'll take some digging to find out. You guys are welcome to put it in as a feature request in the Feature Request thread but it may be a while before I get around to it.

16. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

You could setup old.bareefers.org and put the old drupal forums on that, disable new registration and allow people to recover their PM's that are important to them ;)

17. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I'm afraid that people will leave our new forum and just stay on the old one, haha.

However, we could do that temporarily since it seems that some folks are still kind of attached to the old forum. :confused:

tr1gger likes this.
  18. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Totally, or just set it up for 30 days. Post a sticky or send an email announcement to let everyone grab their goods and then just disable it again :)

19. Kensington Reefer

I want my missing PMs
    If I can get them, I want them

20. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

denzil likes this.