1/2" or 1 1/2" Chemlock true union ball valves for sale.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by gimmito, Dec 2, 2009.

1. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Hey guys,

I'm bought a lot of misc. chemlock true union ball valves.
    The lot has (30) 1/2" true union ball valves and (27) 1 1/2" true union ball valves.
    I only need about 12-16 of the 1 1/2" for my 450 project.

The 1/2" chemlock ball valves retail for around $38 & the 1 1/2" around $75.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=chemlock+ball+valves&op=search&Ntt=chemlock+ball+valves&N=0&sst=All

The ones I have are a older model and the only difference I can tell is the handles.

So, I will sell them half off retail.

Jim

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Holy cow that's an expensive ball valve, probably could get away cheaper just by getting two unions and a ball valve and quasi make one. But then again you have that pretty Schedule 80 pipe that costs ya for the prettiness :D

3. gimmito

Mike,

Prettiness has its price. :p

I almost choked when I saw the retail price at Grainger's, so it was a no brainer to pick up the lot price and sell off the rest.

Jim

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Your taking the retail price from Grainger? That's cheating. I can get them much cheaper ;)

5. gimmito

That was the only price I had to compare with...what's a fair price ?

I don't get wholesale prices like some folks. ;)

6. sfsuphysics

Depends, what's the per unit price of the lot you're buying?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally frown whenever someone (who's not a store or a business) talks about buying a large quantity of something, then sells them off for higher than the bulk discounted price just to make a few bucks or something. Now I'm not saying this is what you're doing, but if you're wondering what to charge, try to figure out how much you should charge I would start from there, it seems Granger is selling 1/2" ones for about half that of 1-1/2" ones, so calculating 2:1 ratio to figure a per unit price shouldn't be that difficult.

That being said you're more than welcomed to charge whatever you want :) Just note there may not be a high market for those unless someone else is also doing a tank build with the pretty stuff ;)

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

www.mcmaster.com page 422 ??

8. sfsuphysics

Hell that's probably cheaper than the ugly stuff :D well I've honestly never seen a double union w/ ball valve in white sch40 so I can't compare really, but if you add up the parts it probably would be pretty damn close.

9. gimmito

Okay guys I don't want to come across as the ball valve pimp. :davie:
    I just want to break even and I'll pass on some savings to fellow BAR members.
    The site Tony recommended sells the 1/2" for 20 bucks and the 1 1/2" for 45 bucks. I'll do 10 bucks for the 1/2" and 20 bucks for the 1 1/2".

Sounds like a good price for the "pretty stuff ?" :p

10. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Jim, thanks for the HUGE hook up on the valves, hope to repay the favor one day.. :)

11. gimmito

Ed,

No problem...let me know if you need more.

Jim