1/4 HP Chiller and Single Stage Controller - Updated

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Dyngoe, May 3, 2007.

1. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hi All,

I just upgraded to an arctica chiller, so I have an extra. I know the temperature is starting to rise and thought someone here might want my current inline 1/4HP chiller with a single stage ranco controller. The chiller is ~4 years old, but I had it serviced at my brother-in-law's auto shop last summer. It has a new tank of coolant and works great.

I'm thinking of putting it on CL for $250, but I wanted to give first call to BAR members. Price is negotiable, but please keep in mind I just put alot into the Arctica and it is month-end bill time.

2. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

OK, I know it's not the "Deal of the Century", but no one here needs a good chiller? That surprises me. I have someone from Craigslist coming by tomorrow. If anyone wants it, please tell me before then so I can tell him not to waste his time.

3. CitS

CitS Guest

Can't afford it right now. :((

4. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

man if it was 1/3 hp i'd be all over this.

5. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Helmet, how big is your tank?!? 1/4HP is rated above 200G.

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

i may take it to replace a 1/6 hp one =) when you said serviced, do you mean the refridgerant was recharged?

7. LordHelmet

it will be a 180 with 60 gal sump/fuge. from all i have read i will need a 1/3 hp for it. how big of a tankdid you have it on and what lighting?

8. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey Kinetic and Helmet,

Sorry guys, someone from CL just came and paid me $300 for it. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to part with my Arctica.

9. LordHelmet

dang. i was willing to pay 300 for it too.

oh well.