100lb Marco rock - still in transit - BRS RODI with pump

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by ReefLove, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm selling mt 100 lb of Marco rocks which is still in transit, I will get it this weekend.

I have decided not to have a tank, because of bad treatment from Neptune Aquatics.

Following are the items that are for sell.

100 LB Marco rock - Still in transit - I can deliver 30 mils radius from Brentwood
    20 MB Marco choice cuts
    BRS RODI unit with Pump(I was told this helps in filtration and makes filter last longer)
    Testing kits
    Mighty magnet - I paid $80 and I will give it away for same. New is $120. it has pads too.

As you can see I'm going to loose money anyways, so be reasonable.

Thanks for help !

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Lets not turn this thread into the other one :)
    GL selling your rock.

3. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Seriously ? Edit my post even without asking me. That's GREAT !

Someone is removing Neptune Aquatics's name from my posts, the owner mistreated me and tried to take advantage of me because I'm a new to this hobby.

Now, Admin is editing my posts and removing Neptune and Robert's name from my posts. Which is not right.

4. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

I won't but that I wrote what is right. That's it and I won't write anything else. How it would have been if you did not know Robert, then you would have trusted me right ?

Would you care if it was Aquarium concept in Dublin than Robert ? I don't think so. Then you woul have said I am right and that guy is wrong.

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

flagging this. You don't learn.

6. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

You will do what you will !! I don't have any problem with you Gomer !! I dont have any problem with anyone. When someone tries taking advantage of me then I have to let people know that Beware of that shop. that's all I'm saying !

There are lot more forums so you can not possibly try to ban me from all of them.

7. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Nish, its really not worth all the effort your putting into this entire situation.

One reason people are defending Robert is he has time and time again proven just the opposite of what you felt went down with you. I know Robert pretty well and he is one of the shops I had planned on bringing you to.

I suggest selling this stuff, take some time, and approach this again in a few months :)

8. lattehiatus

lattehiatus BOD

Nish, I have addressed the person who edited your post - it will not happen again.

We have exchanged many PMs over the course of the day. There have been several club members here that offered to help you, both before and after the LFS was named. This is not a matter of picking and choosing sides, and nobody is on trial here. All of us here would like to see you become a successful reefkeeper, and I suggest that you take up the offer of support from any of the individuals who have offered it. BAR is a wonderful community, and I am certain you will find this hobby is a rewarding adventure with plenty of enjoyment for yourself and your family.

9. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

Sounds like a great idea. Nish, you may want to keep the rock and the equipment you purchased for a while, walk away from it, and let things settle, then come back to it a little bit later. You're going to need stuff like the rock anyways, and you've already spent the money. In the end, it's about doing this for you and your family, and like some people have mentioned, this hobby is all about time. It took me almost a year to get mine up and running, and some other people, like Jim, longer than that. And if your little one gets impatient, get her more involved in the set up process to help her along. That way, when you finally get it set up, she feels like she has just as much invested in it as you do, and it will be more rewarding for the both of you. Father/daughter bonding time. :)

10. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Psssh... I had a 4'x5'x16" tank built, bought all the equipment and it all sat for 3 years... I never did set it up and now Aqua Exotic has it set-up and I cannot be happier :)

11. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

"Most probably reef keeping is the hardest thing I will do since getting married"
    My guess is you are a newlywed :bigsmile:
    How much for the marco rock?

12. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Hey, I'm going on a vacation for 5 days so once I come back I will decide course of action.

But you tell me how much you are willing to pay, I don't even have package yet. It's in transit.

13. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

I'm going to think about this next few days and see what I come up with. The reason of doing the tank was for my daughter anyways and this guy messed up everything. But I believe things happen for good, and I'm famous now, thanks to bad publicity.

14. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

It's been 6 years.

15. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

With all due respect, I think that's part of your problem. Don't let one bad experience ruin the great journey. Who knows, maybe both of you were just having a bad day. Robert is not a bad guy, and I don't think you are either. In fact, once you get things going, you may want to give Neptunes one more try. He's got excellet quality of livestock and he's honest, regardless of how you feel. There are not many aquarium stores around, and you don't want to slim down your already slim pickins of LFSs.

Chalk it up to a bad day, and keep moving forward. You have to take the good with the bad, and just keep going. If one bad thing gets you down during this journey, you will never have a tank. Trust me, I keep going one step forward, and then something happens, and it sets me back two steps. That probably has happend to everyone here. It's all a part of the journey my friend. :)

Go on your vacation, cool your heels, and think about what you want to do. Hell, you may even find that you are going to want a bigger tank!!