High Tide Aquatics

10th SF Tank Tour - Sunday Nov 8th

Huge thanks to Arnold @Apon for setting this up! And thank you everyone who showed tanks on this tour.

It was my first tank tour and it was a blast! Thank you JAR Jon for showing us your beautiful tanks and hosting the potluck! Everyones food was tasty but the abalone Jon made was the BOMB!

3aPDkIk.jpg

JAR's 215 Gallon In Wall Tank with Bathroom Porthole.
IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

This is a side view window into the 215 Gallon Tank from the BATHROOM!!!!

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

Wilfred's 120 Gallon SPS Tank! Beautiful
IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Wilfred's Anemone Tank
IMG_1633.JPG

Last edited:
Apon's Low Maintenance Tank
IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

Super flattering picture of Arnold :)

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

These little plates allow for the clam to attach and also allows you to easily move the clam!

Apon's Zero Edge Anemone Tank.

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

This thing is actually really cool and you HAVE to see it in person!

Coral Reefer's Super Big Tank
IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

Super cool chalice Mike!

Thank you everyone for bringing delicious food and thank you Mike, Arnold, Wilfred, and Jon for showing us your tanks!!!

A BIG Thanks to @Apon for getting this all arranged, showing us your 2 tanks ... to @JAR for hosting the potluck and showing your in-wall tank....and too all the other members that showed off their tanks @wfong & @Coral reefer and I know the sump will be before the next tour...lol

@jestersix

Do you still make those clam plates and how much would they cost? And can you ship?

Haven't made ClamCradles in a while but I can put some together pretty quickly. The 4 inch are $5 and the 8 inch are $10. Not sure what shipping would be but probably not very expensive. If anyone is interested, I'll run a few samples and post on the jestersix forum.

Haven't made ClamCradles in a while but I can put some together pretty quickly. The 4 inch are $5 and the 8 inch are $10. Not sure what shipping would be but probably not very expensive. If anyone is interested, I'll run a few samples and post on the jestersix forum.
I'd like a 4" one and could you make 6" ones too?! 8" is pretty big!!

I'm working in the Lab every night this week prepping for the CVR Swap this coming Saturday. I'll try and pull these and get a sample done and posted tonight...I think I can downsize the bigger size to 6 inches....

Well I will say that the tank tour definitely gave me some ideas, my wife of course groaning reminding me to get the baby room done first though (although I will state she sure as hell wouldn't shut up about Mike's renovation wanting to knock out the kitchen wall in a similar fashion, so it's all about the baby until it's something she likes :D).

I think I'm going to do what Arnold has, and have a false rock wall, empty space behind, etc, in the space between the overflow boxes, although I want to figure out a way to get back there and siphon stuff out if possible. What do you do about that Arnold? Just not care? Is their pump back there?

Either way I can hear my wife now, BABY ROOM FIRST!

Baby room? Baby will be in your room for like 6 months at least. Plenty time to finish it after birth!
Do what I did and get her to ok a big tank upstairs if you take out the kitchen wall!

Hahaha, good point!

But I don't want a big tank upstairs, besides my garage is a lot more open than yours, so I think that wall removal idea is going to stay a dream for when I win the lottery and move out of this city :D

I used have a power head pushing water out of the back, but needed to clean it and haven't put it back in yet. Its been a few years. I do have a sea cumcumber or 2 in there...but haven't seen in a few months. I need to look more. I finally saw my cucumber in the zero edge, but its was a year ......too much anemone and xenia blocking the view.

So are we ordering some clam craddles?

Back