Jestersix

125 Tank Upgrade.. help please

Crap, you're right. My bad.

I think Luis was the one with the failed tank from GC. Let me see if I can dig up some photos of that one.

SoulFish said:
Thanks ,not sure about that yet.

I called glasscages.com talked to a older gentleman for a while. He said they guarantee the tank not to leak for 90 days. And they make westcoast runs 2x's a year. So they have their own truck coming to LA and they only charge $96 if you pick it up at the dock down there.

So for $674 I could get a tank that the front and sides are Starfire glass. Get to pick the location of my overflow and get the tank Eurobraced. They use 1/2 glass, unless I would want to go rimless in which case they would use 3/4 inch glass. But I'd heard alot of scary things about rimless tanks that are over 20" tall. What are the bad things your heard about them? What are the good things you've heard too?

FYI lots of bad info about them on the web, but the kicker is that IF you pick it up from them the warranty is void regarding replacing for cracks or leeks.

yeah stearing clear of glasscages there is just too much bad info about them. Even if you get one that doesnt leak I am reading that their craftmanship is terrible. I really dont what to have to get a new tank resealed locally.!

Yeah, their craftsmanship is horrid. I've seen something people ordered, which was simply a sump, but they eurobraced the top and it was obvious that they weren't even square, I mean christ how do you not see that, and send it out. I have a feeling they do a lot of "well we got these scrap pieces around, lets use them" type of attitude.

Back