High Tide Aquatics

130g custom build

Update: Rocks came in today. 50lb normal marco rock, 20lb prime cuts marco rock. Have it circulating in a brute curing with Dr. Tim's ammonia. Will probably add some Dr. Tim's One and Only to it tomorrow, once correct ammonia levels are achieved. This plus sand the ~50lb of live rock from our combined two aquariums should be enough for the time being.
wKjsKvs.jpg
Should go with Real Reef rocks as top layer and those base rocks as base rocks...lol. Remember, you're going stare at those boring looking rocks for a long time...in your amazing new setup...

Bit of an update. The tank is scheduled for delivery tomorrow to Neptune, and I plan on bringing it and the stand home on Saturday to start assembly. In the mean time i've been working on the canopy. Im in the process of staining it currently and do not have an pictures but will post final shots once it's done. Here are some pictures of the assembled raw canopy. I will be adding mounting structures once we decide on where to place the lights, and more bracing if necessary. Currently it weighs in just under 40lbs so im not that worried about mounting it to the ceiling any more. Will use 4 lag eyescrews and either rope and pullies or cable.

At some point i need to figure out how to post smaller images...
bOhplvm.jpg

HBmfmHQ.jpg

Just got my shipment of coral in from Jason Fox (JF).
From top to bottom, moving left to right:
JF Twisted Chalice
Greg Carol Efflo (two frags)
Tyree Red Dragon
JF Halo Monti (the tiny tiny frag)
JF Deepwater Fantasia (the huge frag)

AEHSFhM.jpg

Nice.

What lights are you using when taking these pictures?

I love Tyree Red Dragon. There's some fake/mislabeled red dragon being passed around that simply doesn't have that vibrant Red/Pink color intensity.

I will be doing some leveling later this weekend. So far, based on just the bubble level placed on the top and sides of the tank, the tank is very close to being level. If anything it'll need only a little bit here and there. The tank stand is on top of vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I feel like normal shims may be just too much for how much leveling is needed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back