Our mission

130g custom build

Update:
Plumbing dry fitting just about done. Just waiting for a pvc adapter to go from the pump (Aqua excel dc10000 with a max 2800 gph) to flex pvc. The pump uses British standard threading and those adapters are special order.

I'm going to be running bean animal overflow. I still need to adjust heights of the pipes but at least it all fits in the 8x8 footprint.
ZtsVeIK.jpg
r0q3bLj.jpg

QFiZOoh.jpg

I have a manifold coming off of the return pump to run a max of three reactors.
Rxlmif5.jpg

Damn you did a good job with your plumbing. Very organized and space efficient.

My next build will be like that too. Definitely learned all the mistakes of sump/cabinet design. I've currently got pipes and tubes sticking out all over the place and no room left for equipment.

Where did you get that flex tubing?

Damn you did a good job with your plumbing. Very organized and space efficient.

My next build will be like that too. Definitely learned all the mistakes of sump/cabinet design. I've currently got pipes and tubes sticking out all over the place and no room left for equipment.

Where did you get that flex tubing?
Thanks! You can get white flex pvc (formally called spa flex) at Home Depot. However there is also a black version that I've used in the past and you can get that online. Flies like regular PVC :) but it's not as flexible as you think. Required heat gun or gas stove to get really flexy.

Update:
This build, as any is not without minor setbacks. After 40 gallons of RO in the display i found a small leak going into the internal overflow. No big deal, per manufacturer's suggestion, i added some more silicone to the area and now i wait for it to set 48 hrs..

So an update and a rather drastic change of events.
We've decided to postpone setting up the tank due to house hunt. Doesnt make any sense to fill this thing up and start it up if i have to break it down and move it in a few months.

Stay tuned...

Well, finally some movement.

We've had our offer accepted on a house and are now going through escrow and inspections. Assuming things move without huge speed-bumps we'll be moving in October. I have an inspection with a structural engineer today to look at the house and also scope out a spot for the tank and any necessary upgrades to accommodate it.
We will also be having an electrician install a separate circuit for the tank.

stay tuned!

Back