Our mission

150+ gallon tank build (fish room and all)

I had bad luck with concrete also. But it was a bit of user error, pushing the limits as it cured.

IC gel should work fine if you use enough and scrape surface a bit.
As a bonus it should get down into the crevices, which cement does not do as well.

Personally I like a good two part epoxy best. But only when rocks are still clean and dry.

My only suggestion is to stick a few more rocks on to what you have, randomly.
They look a bit artificial and regular. Some extra bumps and lumps might be interesting.
Especially around the bases. Maybe some off-diagonals, so it is not all vertical+horizontal.

I had bad luck with concrete also. But it was a bit of user error, pushing the limits as it cured.

IC gel should work fine if you use enough and scrape surface a bit.
As a bonus it should get down into the crevices, which cement does not do as well.

Personally I like a good two part epoxy best. But only when rocks are still clean and dry.
Two part epoxy (liquid or the dough)

Liquid. (West System specifically)
Usually mixed with Aragonite sand for thickener.

The clay based two part sticks are terrible.
Interesting thanks ill look into it

Yea i was going to say because the clay stuff isn’t glue lots of people confuse it with glue it’s meant to fill a space not stick things together using glue on both sides would make it stick but by itself it just grabs by filling holes and crevices

Water cleared up
d12843d3fdfe9fff813f5dde687aa199.jpg

He is starting the cycle
939b54cb52b91f5db349e4d19d82887e.jpg

I hear that but how many times do you really test for copper it’s only when you get new fish
I would probably look into the api
Considering that it isn’t effective at too low of a concentration, and can be quite harmful in Ron great of a concentration I would think testing at least once a day and likely twice a day would be a smart move. I have a hard time differentiating the colors on the api test.

Considering that it isn’t effective at too low of a concentration, and can be quite harmful in Ron great of a concentration I would think testing at least once a day and likely twice a day would be a smart move. I have a hard time differentiating the colors on the api test.
I meant salifert
But yes i guess twice a day for 6-8 weeks 56-112 tests every time you get a fish might be a pain

Notes:
8 weeks seems long, and might be rather hard on the fish.
You only need to check a lot the first few days as you ramp up to therapeutic levels, then test less often.
If you do copper with TTM, you only have to measure copper, not test.
(With a 100% water change + known salt water volume)

Notes:
8 weeks seems long, and might be rather hard on the fish.
You only need to check a lot the first few days as you ramp up to therapeutic levels, then test less often.
If you do copper with TTM, you only have to measure copper, not test.
(With a 100% water change + known salt water volume)

Yes depending on the fish they react differently to copper so if someone becomes lethargic you can pull him out and put it in a quarantine without copper

Tank transfer method only helps if you have a ich problem it doesn’t go after any other infection or parasites i feel its too stressful on a fish to do both copper and ttm but i guess everyone has their own methods of quarantine

My personal method is regular water, overfeed get them nice and fat, test ammonia and do water changes, treat with prazipro and then melafix (in reverse if i see fin rot etc), if i see parasites then i deal with them depending on type of fish and on how bad it is

My only suggestion is to stick a few more rocks on to what you have, randomly.
They look a bit artificial and regular. Some extra bumps and lumps might be interesting.
Especially around the bases. Maybe some off-diagonals, so it is not all vertical+horizontal.

I agree. Looks too geometrical. Maybe arches that are more like arcs, ie rounded or half ovals. Also, I would not have them all facing the same direction like that, just to give it a more natural look.

So far, It's a really nice build.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

I agree. Looks too geometrical. Maybe arches that are more like arcs, ie rounded or half ovals. Also, I would not have them all facing the same direction like that, just to give it a more natural look.

So far, It's a really nice build.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
This is what he wanted personally i like allot more rock caves etc

Back