Kessil

15g Fish Recommendations

I have a 15g bare-bottom tank that has an open top, a lot of BTA's, and two A. ocellaris.
I am looking for recommendations as to one more small fish that I can add into the tank that won't become a quick meal for my BTA's. Also, the water movement in this tank is on the moderate to high side, if that means anything.

I've been leaning towards a Royal Gramma, as it is a beautiful fish, and I've success with them in the past. I did hear from someone that they are ich magnets though -my experiences with them say otherwise, but does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Thanks for the response Erick :)
Common sense would dictate the same thing to me ... most fish should be smart enough to stay out, haha! But, the main rock work is covered in BTA's (I joke you not when I saw covered :D ).
I will be adding a couple real small rocks to the other side of the tank on the bottom of the tank to grow out some frags and things since I do not have my 33g in commission anymore. Hopefully these small pieces of rock will prove to be enough refuge for a little guy.
Any recommendation as to species?
And are Royal Grammas really ich magnets?

Not really for the ones that I've kept. They're kind of hardy and I didn't have any issues with the few that I've kept.

Springer's dottyback is another fish that extremely hardy and has decent looks.

Ibn said:
Not really for the ones that I've kept. They're kind of hardy and I didn't have any issues with the few that I've kept.

Great to know because when this person made mention to me and said Royal Grammas are not hardy, and super prone to ich my eyebrow raised for a second because my past two Royal Grammas gave me no hassle at all. I wanted to get more opinions as maybe I was the exception twice in a row :)

Ibn said:
Springer's dottyback is another fish that extremely hardy and has decent looks.

Nice! I didn't think of that ... I was thinking about the Arabian/Neon dottyback, but forgot about the P. springeri!

Back