Cali Kid Corals

180 Custom Gallon Starfire

Here's the first picts of the tank being built in Canada today. AS you can see it' clear clear clear.. gotta love Starfire glass :)

The bottom photo is corner bracing for extra strength

tank1.JPG

tank2.JPG

tank3.JPG

Are those holes in the black side for return or drain.
If for drain I suggest changing to a regular cutouts, I had fish stuck in those coz I forgot to cover it with a "cone" one night and they tend to be noisy.

Those holes are for the return. I am not dead set on using them. I'll give them a try, if they don't work well I'll cap them and run PVC returns over the top and drop in at the top on the other side.

Bow Valley Aquarium (Formerly: "Inter-American")
6333 35 Street SE
Calgary, AB T2C 1N1

Ray's Ph (Sales, Questions) (403) 605-9429
Shop Ph (403) 272-4960
Fax: (403) 248-0889
email: sourceaquatics@shaw.ca

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/ccc/srch/nvgt.do?lang=eng&prtl=1&sbPrtl=&estblmntNo=123456149135&profile=cmpltPrfl&app=1

http://www.reefland.com/forum/tanks-filtration-basic-equipment/20970-inter-american-pet-supplies-mitch.html

Well got Dads 90 gallon tank and my Tank and stand, looks great. I am not taking my tank out of the crate till the house restoration is done though :( I don't want it to get damaged till the downstairs is ready to slide it in. Here's the latest on the room and a few picts of Dads tank the stand and what shots I could get of my tank inside the crate looking down. The semi truck almost didn't make it down the back alley, then the pallet jack got stuck in the sand, so it took a while to even off load it.

room3.JPG

truck.JPG

package.JPG

stand.JPG

dads.JPG

dads2.JPG

myTank.JPG

mytank2.JPG

Well long time no see. Here's an update, it looks rough guys, but serious progress has been made with preparing the house for both me to move in and to set up the area around the tank.

Updates:

1. 14 Cat6 Network runs
2. New Electrical grid, complete with a 200amp panel and 2 dedicated 20amp plugs for the tank.
3. Entire 1st floor structure reframed with pressure treated lumber
4. Demo all walls, prep for sheet rock
5. Repair all sub-flooring
6. Brand new plumbing for kitchen.. which will tie into the tank
7. 3" drain line under house for aquarium - direct shoot into main sewer line
8. All new Windows & Doors (IMPACT :) )

house1.JPG

house2.JPG

house3.JPG

And also added about 15 more palm trees to the yard for that tropical feel. Need to be tropical outside the house too, to match the reef :) Here's a couple picts of some of the tropical around the yard.

Picture%204.png

Picture%202.png

Picture%205.png

Well construction progress very slow due to a lazy general contractor. Several setbacks, etc. But now the project is going forward again.

The tank hookups are now installed (Saltwater & Freshwater faucets, 2" drain tied directly to sewer system, 2x 20 amp electrical runs, and cat 6 network line. The saltwater in is gravity fed from a 120 gallon tank outside, and the freshwater line is plumbed into our drinking water. The drain line will be connected to a overflow pan that the whole stand should sit in, just as a backup in case of a leak. So it's designed like a air-handler overflow if it fills up it just drains out.

Also finished the foundation work and new edition to the front porch, and also installed a few more palms. The one is the pict is a 30' cuban royal palm.

So far so good, your guess is as good as mine as to when I'll be able to move in, been having alot of personal issues and setbacks, but atleast progress is heading in the right direction. Now if I could just get rid of the stress in my life and rid myself of the people in my life that are negative and lie. Life would be alot simpler if you could take people at face value. Be seems everyone has their own hidden agenda lately.

Anyway hope to post more updates during the next phase.
hookups.jpg

palm.JPG

porch.JPG

Oh one more edition, replaced my AC unit with a new Rheem 3 ton heatpump system with a variable speed air handler. That way I can increase the airflow through my AC system to dehumidify the downstairs. Cost a bit more, but now I have 4 fan speeds to pull either more or less water out of the air.

One question though, has anyone installed a bathroom electric fan for venting inside your tank stand? I am thinking I may install a fan to suck out all the heat and humidity and blow it out the side of the house, like a stove vent-bathroom fart fan.

May be overkill, but since I redesigning the entire house, it's that much more to run duct work for tank venting, just have to find a shallow system that could fit into a 2"x4" framed wall and 2"x6" ceiling columns.

Here's the front shot of the porch, the lighting is a bit weird, but you get the idea.
front.JPG

I've seen builds where people do that. If you are going to have a lot of water in a small space I can see it being a good idea but don't have any first hand experience. I can say that adding one after the fact is fairly simple so I would hold off to see if I needed it. Also it's worth the money to get a good quality quiet model because some of them are just plain loud.

SoulFish said:
Oh one more edition, replaced my AC unit with a new Rheem 3 ton heatpump system with a variable speed air handler. That way I can increase the airflow through my AC system to dehumidify the downstairs. Cost a bit more, but now I have 4 fan speeds to pull either more or less water out of the air.

One question though, has anyone installed a bathroom electric fan for venting inside your tank stand? I am thinking I may install a fan to suck out all the heat and humidity and blow it out the side of the house, like a stove vent-bathroom fart fan.

May be overkill, but since I redesigning the entire house, it's that much more to run duct work for tank venting, just have to find a shallow system that could fit into a 2"x4" framed wall and 2"x6" ceiling columns.

That is how I ran my old tank, and will again on my new set-up. I do not use bathroom fans though, I use an inline fan that is built to withstand very corrosive areas.

I prefer Elicent fans...

http://www.littleurl.net/39706f

VERY wise thing to do on many levels :D

Thanks Gresham, I love that tree too, it's one of the reasons we bought this house.

That fan is a pretty cool inline option, didn't think of that. It also plugs in.. so I don;t need a electrician to prewire.. big benefit. Not to mention if it's not hard wired I don't need a electrical inspection by the city to approve it.

Back