180 gallon recommendations

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bmart, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Bmart

Bmart Guest

Looking at upgrading and going to a 180 gallon setup. Looking for recommendation on tank/stand manufacturers. Dimensions will be standard 24x24x72. Would like it to be rimless with starphire glass.

Any help appreciated.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I would contact neptunes and aquatic collection. They can get you quotes

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I don't think there are any "standard" rimless tanks at that size out there, that alone will probably double the cost of the tank though due to additional thickness of glass required. I will say if you want a nice 96x24x24 Neptune has one for sale with stand and everything :D Is money an object? Because there are multiple of custom tank designers that I could post but all of them are too rich for my blood for tank like that.
    Crystal Dynamics
    Acrylic Glass Exhibits
    Miracles (Canadian yo! :D)

4. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

If you like clean modern look, go for the Elos 200XL!

5. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

www.customaquariums.com has tons of semi-custom sizes.
    No idea if they are good or not though.

Crystal Dynamics (through Neptunes) would be a good start.

+1 on Rimless at that size being THICK glass. At least 3/4, or expect scary bowing.
    Cost, but also the thick glass cuts visibility a bit.
    Is rimless a must-have?
    You will probably end up with a screen over the tank anyway, so a simple glass cross-brace is not so bad.

Coral reefer likes this.
  6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Get external overflow setup for bean animal w 3 drain holes while you're at it, that's the best!

OnTheReef likes this.
  7. Bmart

Bmart Guest

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone!!! Ill be going to Neptunes soon and see what they can order as well. Cost is always a consideration but I understand that a tank this size will be very expensive especially with the Starphire glass. Companies like Reef Savvy quote approx 3500 before freight with a phantom bottom and external ghost overflow. Euro bracing is a possibility as well but trying to keep it as clean as possible. Thanks again

Coral reefer likes this.
  8. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Neptune JUST (as in this afternoon) received a brand new 72/24/24 CDA with ghost overflow!

[​IMG]

Price include the overflow.

It's gorgeous! They added corner reinforcements and it really adds to the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rygh, Gablami, Kmooresf and 1 other person like this.