Kessil

180 gallon recommendations

Bmart

Supporting Member
Looking at upgrading and going to a 180 gallon setup. Looking for recommendation on tank/stand manufacturers. Dimensions will be standard 24x24x72. Would like it to be rimless with starphire glass.

Any help appreciated.

Yeah I don't think there are any "standard" rimless tanks at that size out there, that alone will probably double the cost of the tank though due to additional thickness of glass required. I will say if you want a nice 96x24x24 Neptune has one for sale with stand and everything :D Is money an object? Because there are multiple of custom tank designers that I could post but all of them are too rich for my blood for tank like that.
Crystal Dynamics
Acrylic Glass Exhibits
Miracles (Canadian yo! :D)

www.customaquariums.com has tons of semi-custom sizes.
No idea if they are good or not though.

Crystal Dynamics (through Neptunes) would be a good start.

+1 on Rimless at that size being THICK glass. At least 3/4, or expect scary bowing.
Cost, but also the thick glass cuts visibility a bit.
Is rimless a must-have?
You will probably end up with a screen over the tank anyway, so a simple glass cross-brace is not so bad.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone!!! Ill be going to Neptunes soon and see what they can order as well. Cost is always a consideration but I understand that a tank this size will be very expensive especially with the Starphire glass. Companies like Reef Savvy quote approx 3500 before freight with a phantom bottom and external ghost overflow. Euro bracing is a possibility as well but trying to keep it as clean as possible. Thanks again

Neptune JUST (as in this afternoon) received a brand new 72/24/24 CDA with ghost overflow!

9a715611069a2beea0b51fe7f89f92b6.jpg

Price include the overflow.

It's gorgeous! They added corner reinforcements and it really adds to the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back