2 new buckets of instant ocean

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by prodman, Nov 8, 2005.

1. prodman

prodman Guest

Like the title says I have 2 new buckets of instant ocean. 30 each or 50 for both. I will be in bayarea at times so please ask if my location is a concern.

2. Elite

Elite Guest

Is this the 160G one??? Any idea how long I can store them?? If I can store them for a while I will take both.. I'm in SJ and I will try to go to the frag workshop. Let me know...

3. bareefers

bareefers BOD

why are you selling them Paul ?

4. prodman

prodman Guest

Elite they should store fine as they have a good seal on the bucket.
    Tom If I sell them I wil be switching brands.

5. Elite

Elite Guest

Like I said if it store fine then I will take both.. PM me when you in the bay.. :) thanks
    Phong

6. prodman

prodman Guest

Phong they are yours. I might be in sf today or tomorrow will you be available in the daytime? pm your #

7. Elite

Elite Guest

PM you..

8. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Paul... I figured as much :) I was just wonder to what brand and why ? In setting up the new 180 I am trying to decide the salt brand to go with. Currently we use Oceanic, but some many people swear by IO, so I was surprised to see you selling/switching away from it. As always, thanks for your time and responses :)

9. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

When I set up my 210 last year I switched from Tropic Marin to Oceaninc and it's been perfect for me

10. Elite

Elite Guest

My first saltwater tank, I used Oceanic but I had a lot of algae. I switched to IO and problem went away. IO is the only salt I use now.

11. prodman

prodman Guest

I was going to switch to the new seachem reef salt. Its supposed to be great. But I am now going to plan B. Which is to mix Oceanic and Instant Ocean. The alk is to high in IO at 11dkh and the CA is to high in oceanic. So I will mix to get the best of both worlds. So I also sent you a pm Phong but I have changed my mind and am keeping the salt.

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I thought I read recently on RC about someone who had a problem from mixing their IO and Oceanic. Or at least they suspected that to be the case.

13. prodman

prodman Guest

I know of people who are having good luck with the combo. I just thought it was too much trouble. But its cheaper than the seachem .

14. Elite

Elite Guest

Good luck Paul... Let us know how that work out.... And no hard feeling :D

15. prodman

prodman Guest

Thnaks for understanding Phong. I will keep you posted on the salt combo.

16. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Phong,
    FYI , If you are looking for IO salt cheap connies in castro valley sell it for 8.99 to make 50 gallons. If coming to the frag workshop it close by.

17. Elite

Elite Guest

I picked up a bucket from petsmart last week.... $32 plus tax is not bad :)
    Thanks for the info

18. badpacket

badpacket Guest

Just $0.02, the only time I had algae was when I switched to Oceanic for a while. Fresh W/C with IO, it went away. Used Oceanic again, algae. Switched to Kent, seems good. Odd.

19. vapormd

vapormd Guest

I'm currently using a 50/50 mix of IO and Oceanic. I put both directly into the mixing bucket at the same time and have had no problems with it dissolving or precipitating out. The low Mg of the IO was driving me nuts and with the Oceanic mixed in, I don't have to add other supplements to raise or maintain Mg.

Paul - do you know of a place to get Seachem in the bay area?

20. prodman

prodman Guest

no I dont. 6th ave said they would ask their seachem rep about it.