Our mission

2-part

I didn't want to derail Durwin's thread, so I started this one :)
I was just wondering on people's thoughts on Kent's two-part, and how it compares to ESV's two-part? Obviously the KENT has a more appealing price, however if it is not such a great product, I'll stick with what I am currently using (ESV).
Thanks!

My opinion is that both are fine but way overpriced considering you can get the same product with minimal work (mixing chemical with watter) at a significantly lower price.

Yes or going with just something like hardness plus and baking soda.

I my opinion you are essentially buying pretty much the same thing premixed with a label on it.

Kind of like buying Kent kalkwasser vs. buying Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime. Pretty much the same thing put in a prettier container with a coral on it and more then double the price.

Yep. Follow the directions as to the quantity and viola. I think some of our sponsors are considering carring bulk supplies as well. Karson at Aquatic Collection sells it in his new store but I can't say I have tried it yet as I still have a bunch left from BRS.

FWIW I have a total water volume of about 260G and I use only 2 part on doising pumps and magnesium. No reactor.

A_Lee said:
So, when I run out of ESV, is BRS pretty easy to make? Literally just use RODI water, and add mix?
correct. Karson is also setting up "easy 3-part" jugs. All measured out. Just add water and dose at a given rate :)

BRS is one option.

You also have Leslie's Pool Supply (Hardness plus = anhydrous calcium chloride, Soda Ash) + market (baking soda which can be baked into soda ash, epsom salt)

You also have Aquatic Collection (karson has Calcium Chloride, Soda Ash, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate).

yeah, go to Leslie's Pool supply and pick up some "Hardness Plus" for < $20, then go to Costco and buy 12 pounds of baking soda for $6. Voila (that is "Voila", not "walla", btw) you have enough for um...I dunno, many gallons of two part.

V

The usual recipes are

2 cups calcium chloride (I believe anhydrous, but check)= 1 gallon
2 cups soda ash = 1 gallon
5 cups mag chloride + 3 cups epsom salt = 1 gallon (dose 20oz for every gallon of 2part)

cut in 1/2 if you use baking soda.

Back