got ethical husbandry?

2 years later....

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
and my fricking RBTA split! Geeze, it's not like I shocked it, or it was huge or anything else, but yup I got two now. They're both really close together but I definately can see a a space between the two.

And no, one is not for sale because it's still on the rock in a crevace, and I don't feel like working to free him. Besides it's kind of nice to have two now :) Even though they're so close they might as well be one.

My RBTAs didn't split even with the shock of the heat wave! It did, however, split when I moved the entire tank 1.5 years ago. They are huge now and have created a "circle of death" around themselves...though the clowns LOVE them!

V

dswong01 said:
Vince,
How your tank after the heat wave?

Well, my 10 head torch coral is now a 3 headed coral with many dead sticks surrounding it. I lost a lot of hard corals, most notably a red chalice and the Blaso that I got from sfsuphysics in the chain trade. Some mushrooms have died and my neon green nepthea died...just as it got to a nice size too :(

I'm surprised at how resilient some of the corals were, but I'm saddened by the ones that didn't survive. I feel responsible for not having been able to maintain a proper environment for them. Heck, I couldn't even maintain a proper environment for myself and my wife! We had to go run and hide at the mall!

I went to Fry's electronics yesterday and their main display area was FULL of portable A/C units! They are around $400. About the price of a chiller. I'm thinking I may pick one up (instead of a chiller) as it would probably be able to keep the room with the tank (and me and my wife) cool for the next annual heat wave!

V

Back