High Tide Aquatics

2012 BAR SPS grow challenge - "2012 Grow Down"

I think I got this one in the bag already! I've got 2-1/2" according to my ruler. I could probably get 3" if I hold the camera just right.

2012-Gow-Out-Challenge---2012-08-15.jpg

~Charlie

Well, unlike all you cheaters, I'm just going to come out and say that I'm the first failure here. I put the nub in my home Nano and it was dead by Wednesday. Too bad. Perhaps if I had gotten it straight to RTC it may have lived and grown big and tall like yours.

So, I guess I'm the first loser here...but an honest one! ;-)

Crabby - I'm right there with you. My bumpy nub wasn't looking too hot on Sunday. It was pretty much entirely white when I got home last night :/ I'm out too.

~Charlie

I was talking with Greg this morning and he had a good idea. Assuming Diablo Corals has more frags of this coral available can we buy back into the challenge if Jess will sell us one?

~Charlie

Mine was white the next day.

It's far enough away in the tank, and my eyes are bad enough, that I can't tell if just went pale, or actually lost all tissue.

It's starting to turn darker over the last day or so, but could be just crud building up on the skeleton.

Will just leave it glued in place until I can tell for sure.

The last deepwater I had bleached for weeks. Now it's looking just fine...........My nub is also white, however I'm holding out to see if it is going to be the same as my last. Hard to tell with these smooth corals. Might be worth taking up space in the tank for another week or two to see if it pulls through. Just my two cents. Fingers crossed. ;)

sfsuphysics said:
Someone update the page so we can see who's where, 3 people are out already, I'm curious how close in the running I am :D

Mine is looking ok.
Although it is a sort of greenish brown, with a lighter green tip. No sign of blue like the original colony.
No obvious growth spurt though.

But hey - what is with asking about other peoples progress, and not describing your own. |(

Still holding out hope..........this is exactly what the deepwater acro behind the nug did. For two weeks...........almost threw it away several times. Now you can see it is even growing onto the glue of the plug. Hopeing this little guy will do the same. I'll let ya know.

IMG_2503.jpg

sfsuphysics said:
Hey I posted a picture, that's my progress :D Since that picture not much has happened, however it didn't turn white so that's a good sign.
No, that just means your frag is progressing slowly. Hasn't even gotten to white stage yet :D

Mine's already getting covered with diatoms.... I mean, already coloring back now.

Back