High Tide Aquatics

2014 BOD Nominating Committee

lattehiatus

Past President
I'd like to introduce this year's nominating committee, who will be presenting their recommendations to the club membership for next year's Board of Director officers, per by-laws.
If you are interested in a leadership role within BAR, please make them aware by PM or posting here. Any member in good standing is eligible for nomination. Your level of experience within the hobby and club are secondary - first and foremost we want folks who are passionate about reefing and the club's mission statement!

Can't emphasize the no experience required part enough. If you like the club and want to make it stronger or do your part to help out now is the time! Don't worry about what position you'd be good at either, the club will find you one.
I nominate myself for DBTC champion, if that is going to be a role, and for something else nobody wants if not...

On another note I nominate Jim to be teacher of vp because we all know that the vp does a lot of work and he's done a great job for two years straight!!! Thanks again Jim.

Oh yeah, David did ok too I guess...

Last edited:
+1 on what Mike said!!

The details are in the bylaws, but I thought I should copy-paste the key section here:

President
The President shall be responsible for the overall operation of the organization. The President shall chair the monthly general membership meetings, and BOD meetings, and shall appoint all select committees, with or without assistance from the other Officers.
The President shall call special meetings of the organization, committee meetings, BOD meetings, and any other meetings, which may be deemed necessary, but not the monthly general membership meetings. The President shall determine the location of such meetings.
In case of any questions on demeanor while in office, the President shall be further governed by Robert's Rules of Order. Any tie among voting of the BOD shall be broken by the vote cast by the President.

Vice-President
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall chair the monthly general membership meeting and the Board of Directors meeting. The Vice-President shall be the Program Coordinator for the monthly general membership meeting of the organization.

Treasurer
The Treasurer shall keep the financial books of the organization, which shall include tracking all income and expenditures. The Treasurer shall provide a financial report within 2 weeks of a general meeting, and shall submit a budget for the coming year at the January Board of Directors meeting.
The Treasurer shall pay any predetermined amounts as may have been authorized by the Board, and all bills presented to, and approved by majority vote at a Board of Directors meeting. The Treasurer shall prepare and submit all reports required by any governmental agency.
The Treasurer shall authorize new members and remove former members who are no longer eligible for membership.

Secretary
The Secretary shall record the minutes of each meeting of the monthly general membership meeting, and the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall be responsible for preparing and distributing agendas prior to BOD meetings.
The Secretary shall track membership attendance at both general and BOD meetings.

Sponsorship/Public Relations
The Sponsorship/Public Relations Officer shall maintain relationships with club sponsors, facilitate sponsor donations, and present sponsorship applicants to the BOD.

Officers at Large
The Officers at Large shall work with the Officers in developing long-term goals and administering the programs and activities of the organization.

BUMP!

In particular, if someone is interested in the Secretary position, please let us know!

Do you go to most of the meetings?
Pretty sure that and some enthusiasm are the only prerequisites.
:)

The Nominating Committee has presented the following candidate slate for the elections at the November general meeting:

President - lattehiatus
Vice President - FeliciaLynn
Treasurer - mray2660
Sponsorship/Public Relations - goldielocke76
Secretary - magnetar68

Nominations are open through noon on Saturday when elections occur. Know someone far more competent than the bumbling president? Nominate that person or throw your hat in the ring! :D

The head of the nomination committee will be there shortly before the swap, not sure when the "elections" will occur.
If no one steps else wants to run, you can just say yeah the committee was there :D

Elections are at 12:00pm noon, before Shu's presentation.

Don't forget to thank the nomination committee team for their diligent candidates search!

Back