2016 BAR BOD

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Coral reefer, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Without the webmasters, this club would not get anything done. This forum is essentially the club's vehicle and the webmasters are the mechanics that keep it running.

@neuro let me know if you ever need help with tank maintenance bro. Im only 10 minutes away from ya.

Coral reefer and neuro like this.
  2. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Until @Coral reefer (Mike) told me about this club, I had no idea it existed and did not have any previous experience with forums and clubs but I quickly caught on! It is true that without members like @Enderturtle and webmasters like @neuro and @denzil this club could not exist or do well. I joined the club as it was a great way to meet like-minded folks, go to events, and trade corals with! I really enjoy learning from other member's posts / experiences / pictures.

I, too, was very hesitant on joining the BOD and was content with just lurking. But I accepted the Officer-at-Large position and even recruited @Nav who our club also can't do without!

It's great to have input with the direction this club will take in the future and toss ideas out. Every member's opinions count - BOD even more!!

I admit that I am a huge "lurker" which I think that is perfectly OK but if you want to make a bigger impact in our club, please consider joining the BOD!

neuro, Coral reefer and Ahruk like this.
  3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Just bumping this thread in case anybody was inspired by the recent swap. Stuff like that doesn't just happen! If you wanna be a bigger part or have ideas for other cool events...
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER TO JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Mike,

I love and enjoy this club but I am currently not in a position in my life with work, and family to give this club & BOD the time it deserves....this is why I haven't thrown my name into the ring, not saying that I might not at another time....

That being said I think the club's adventure of finding new members for the BOD need more info then I was able to find...I was able to locate the "Meet the BOD" forum and that was nice, but I was not able to find any place that shows what are all the position on the BOD, and what are the detailed duties or what is expected in these rolls of the BOD, what positions are current BOD looking to step down from....with this type of information others like me might be able to see what is involved and can determine if we are able to fit this into our lives....as we might think that "X" position takes a lot of time & effort and with this knowledge we might see it could be possible to do the BOD....

Having no knowledge of the BOD positions and what they do it is VERY intimidating to jump in with no idea what is involved.....

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Thanks for the feedback Jon! We put some time and effort into refining the positions and roles this last year, I hope it is up somewhere, If not it definitely should be!
    As far as what positions are available, people should look at it like they are all open. Just because they are currently filled doesn't mean we shouldn't have multiple options with an election for all positions. The club isn't big enough and the perks aren't good enough for that to be realistic, just saying, if anybody thinks there is an area that wouldn't be too hard for them, not only could they put their name in for that position, but they could offer to help the person currently occupying it. It would be great to have people train others about how they have been doing their duties before they leave the BOD, as of now that hasn't really happened for a long time...
    Anybody else that has questions or opinions please chime in!

jonmos75 likes this.
  6. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

I'm definitely in to help out where possible. This past year was rough for me with a major surgery kicking me to the sidelines and now my foot in a cast. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Geneva likes this.
  7. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Under Quick Links, select BAR's By-Laws and scroll down to Article VIII: Duties of the Officers to see the BOD positions and responsibilities....please let us know if you have any questions. Would you like to perhaps share a position with another or suggest any possible changes? We are always open to new ideas!!

denzil and jonmos75 like this.
  8. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Thanks Geneva for the direction of where it is located, yet I would like to see this more visible (or a link in the OP) and not buried in the articles of the by-laws but again thanks for the tip.:)

Geneva likes this.
  9. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I think we have a fairly solid BoD core at this in point in time but that doesn't necessarily mean that we're perfect. :)

We're always looking to recruit others who want to make the club better. @Enderturtle is a huge component in our club's success this year and everyone else on the BoD working together is what makes this club successful with an upward trend in progression. I personally look forward to continuing as President next year (unless someone else is interested in the role) and helping the rest of the BoD expand the club, its events, and especially its inter-club relations.

10. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I think the current BOD has done a fantastic job from what Ive seen. Even though I haven't been around Ive been on the site checking things out. Its a tough thing to do when you try to balance out all of other lifes challenges. 2016 should be my return to reefing community ( fingers crossed ). I have missed not having my tanks

gimmito and denzil like this.
  11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Haha bob! Youve been setting tanks up for a few months only to have to take them down.

I got some free frags for you when you restart.

Looking forward to your return!

If our financials situation is good im planning a fun members frag swap :)

12. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Right on Mike thanks. All this moving around should end very soon

13. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I am happy to volunteer to do work on the forums or to help at events, but I can't commit to a full year BOD due to work geography. Please do let me know if I can help with projects or anything with < 6 months timeline.

denzil likes this.
  14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

If there is a particular event you'd like to put your time towards that would be cool. Could do a tank tour or help get us a speaker or ... You name it. More people doing stuff makes it easier for and better for everybody!!! Also, everybody Is welcome to attend BOD meetings and offer up their two cents anytime!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    denzil likes this.
  15. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

I cannot even manage to check in on the forums often, so can't see myself as a reliable BOD member. However, I hope to get various aspects of life more organized in the near future. Could I attend the next BOD mtg with an open mind and see if there is anything I could assist with?

Geneva, Coral reefer and jonmos75 like this.
  16. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Absolutely!

17. denzil

denzil Webmaster

We encourage it!

18. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Turns out I can't make it Saturday due to death in the family. See you at the next BOD mtg to see if I can help in some way.

19. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I'm really sorry to hear that! May your family member rest in peace.

We look forward to seeing you at the next BoD meeting!