2017 BOD elections fast approaching!

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Coral reefer, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'm hoping some new (or old) people will step up and join the board for next year. It can be as much or as little work as you want it to be, and the club will be what we make it.
    This is an exciting stretch coming up with the regional swap in August and macna in September. Hopefully an aquascaping workshop, maybe a steinhart tour, and a rich Ross potluck will round us out for the rest of this year.
    It is a great time and opportunity to volunteer to help plan and or run the regional swap, or attend a BOD meeting to try things on for size and see how laid back it really is. The more hands we get to help lift the easier it becomes. And the more you help, the more you get to guide the club in the direction you'd like to see it go in.
    A lot of people think they don't have the time, and nobody wants to commit to doing a job they can't follow through on, but I believe almost everybody here could spend an hour or two per month and be an OUTSTANDING addition to the rest of the board that is planning on staying on board. (Pun intended)
    If you are curious and or interested in becoming the next endurturtle please post here or pm me. If you haven't been on the board yet, it's probably your turn. And if it's been more than five years since you were on it and you're reading this, it's your turn again. TAG!

Geneva likes this.
  2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

@Vhuang168 im looking at you...
    Cmon guys don't make me point my finger at anyone else...

roostertech and Geneva like this.
  3. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I sure I can help out in some way

Geneva and Coral reefer like this.
  4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

If we're on the BoD do we have to pay the annual dues?

Coral reefer likes this.
  5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

There's already a thread that has the offices and responsibilities right? Can you link that?

7. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

As much as I'd like to help, being a BOD is just not in the cards right now. 1 of the issues is that I work Saturdays. The last event I attended was the swap. I have not been able to make it to any other events and I probably won't be able to.

I'm willing to help in any capacity I can but I think the club deserves someone who can devote the necessary time for meetings and such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Denzil hasn't been to a meeting in...over a year maybe? If you're good at computers you don't gotta attend anything to help.

9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

That sounds like a job for @Geneva

10. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Coral reefer likes this.
  11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We are always open to people saying they want to help but need advice on what they could donthatveoukd be helpful, and for new ideas about what roles may be needed. We recently switched the sponsorship chair to a group effort kinda thing where each lfs sponsor has a liaison that reports to the main sponsorship person so that one person doesn't have to try to collect donations from many different places

12. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Just wanted to be blunt for a second but this entire club, this website, our frag swaps, and all our meetings could be gone at any moment if no one runs it.

No more BOD = no more BAR.

Because of the bay area housing crisis I have had very little time to dedicate towards club events like I did last year. Not sure if I will return as BOD for 2017. My rents going up and I will be devoting my time towards voter outreach for Rent Stabilization measure. Probably gonna take on a second job.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    jonmos75 and wpeterson like this.
  13. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I've been hoping to pass on the reigns for awhile...but I want the club to exist...

We really need some new people to step up and help out more. Especially if endur has peaked

14. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Man, political organizing is infinite time sink. I hope bay area cities step up and build more proper high density housing (not these 2k sqft luxury condos that goes for 2m+ crap). Gl with your housing situation.

15. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I'm happy to help with the website/forum or anything I can do remotely.

I think he's demurred in the past, but I'd nominate @jonmos75 for the BOD or at least some web mastering.

Geneva, Corallus and jonmos75 like this.
  16. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

I've been meaning to take the next step to help out the club and this sounds like a good opportunity. I've been an aquarium keeper for more years than I can remember and have been a member of other aquarium clubs in the area (back in my freshwater days), and none of them are in the same class as what we have with BAR.

I work more hours than I should, but I can devote some time to the club. Please let me know how I can help, either here or via PM.

Geneva, Coral reefer and wpeterson like this.
  17. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I'll help out too in some capacity. What is the greatest need?

Geneva and Coral reefer like this.
  18. Roc

Roc Guest

did my time with NCNRS and NCRC

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

If you feel that way so be it. Doesn't help this club at this point in time however.
    Anybody else wanna throw a hat in the ring?
    @Corallus and @Flagg37 I will invite you guys to the meeting (if we have one) to help plan the regional swap so you can see how stuff works and talk in person about how you guys might be able to contribute to the BOD. thanks for offering!

Corallus likes this.
  20. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I said it earlier mike, you can bring me into the mix. I'd like to see the club continue

Coral reefer and Geneva like this.