2018 BAR Events

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

Below are the events we are planning for the year. Events are usually held the 2nd Saturday of the month... but stay tuned as a couple of these are TBD.

Apr 14: Member Frag Swap
    May 12: Screen Cover Build
    Jun 9: Kessil Tour
    Jul: Fish Doc Clinic & Beach Cleanup
    Aug 4: Coral Farmers Market - Saratoga
    Sep 7-9: MACNA - Las Vegas
    Oct 20: Regional Frag Swap
    Nov: Steinhart Tour - cancelled
    Dec 15: Holiday Potluck - Rich Ross

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Guest

Stoked to see year wide packed schedule :)

3. JVU

JVU BOD

Awesome line-up. Thank you for listing it out.

4. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

Screen top building event is organized by @Chromis. Thank you for stepping up and making it happen. This is a great example of how somebody that has an idea can take it on themselves to make it happen.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    scuba71 and Kim Pattison like this.
  5. I notice that we have Macna in Vegas listed as an event. Does that mean the club is paying for a road trip (party bus!) to Vegas?

6. Coral reefer

And hotels and “entertainment”.
    I wish!

7. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

I thought you were going to sponsor us since you plan on winning big at the poker table!

8. jonmos75

jonmos75 Supporting Member

Can we get dates on these events so that I can block off date on the family calender so I can make it to more events. When the dates times and locations get posted a month or less from the actual day of the event the attendance will be low as I am sure I am not the only one that the wife that makes planned events months in advanced and if I have calendar events say BAR, she knows not to book something on that day ;)

Yes nice line up!!! I want to go the the Kessil event so please let me know that one ASAP....please

9. Coral reefer

Many of the events are location tbd. Our old stomping grounds at chabot are certainly in their way out, and may be already gone. Getting a location has to happen before the dates can be formed up. I hear and understand your feedback, we will do our best!

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

What’s up with Chabot? Why are we not going to be able to meet there anymore?

11. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

They no like salty room smell??

12. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Guest

Our contact there is going away from Bay Area , they have started to chage us, and the fees are expected to spike.

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Wait, Steve is leaving the area?

I'll toss an unlisted date and event up there. Reefapalooza at the Anaheim Marriott on October 6-7th. Already have my room booked for the event, so hopefully the regional doesn't fall on the same weekend. I know that I've seen a number of members down there this last time, including Vincent, manning the Neptune booth. Also saw Kim, Felicia, and a few others as well.

14. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

If we follow our tradition of the 2nd Saturday of the month, then our regional swap would be on October 13th. We would try not to have it overlap with Reefapalooza...if possible.

15. Coral reefer

And maybe we should even push it out an extra week to give people time in between?

Kim Pattison likes this.
  16. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Added dates for April and May.

Coral reefer likes this.
  17. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Question: what is the club's IRS designation - tax exempt? 501(c)3? Different?

18. Coral reefer

19. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

I have updated the dates at the top. Still waiting on a few that are still TBD.

20. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

Updated date of Kessil tour at the top of thread.