2019 Sep CFM

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Apon, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

Hello all,

Steve Tyree reached out to me again asking if we want to Sell CFM tickets again. Do you want me to take the lead on this again?

2. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

Sorry I guess - I mean Hello BOD.

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

4. Unfortunately due to circumstances I am not going to handle this one so these decisions need to be made by others. My two cents though -- considering the concessions we negotiated last time around (the whole front area, all the raffles, etc) I think peddling his tickets is a good idea. We are no longer a "club" after thought, but a partner in some fashion in doing his show. I would however ask for a free badge for everyone that does set-up and take-down.

grizfyrfyter and Coral reefer like this.
  5. glee

glee BOD

I will not be able to assist in this event. Grad school starts in August and my time will be limited.

6. JVU

JVU BOD

I don’t understand the pros, cons, and responsibilities of this enough to have an opinion. What do you think, Arnold?

7. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

Well I sold tickets at cost to members last time. Club made no profit on tickets - so selling them is fine by me. (in person or will call)
    As for the event we have 6 helpers at setup and I did get them badges or club covered the ticket for them.
    We would need to decide if we will have enough helpers to setup and man the table, then get enough help for take down.
    The club does make money from the event from raffles.

JVU and Coral reefer like this.
  8. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

So any decision? Go or no Go with CFM?

9. JVU

JVU BOD

Sounds like you are willing to help out again Arnold, so I say please do, and thank you

10. Baykes

Baykes Supporting Member

I would be willing to help setup again if we are involved this time around. Im starting to get good at setting up those drapes:D

Apon likes this.
  11. juanfdezdc

juanfdezdc Supporting Member

I would also help during a turn if I'm not traveling for work that weekend. I think this event is very positive for the club because the last stand gave a lot of visibility, we sold many raffle tickets, and for example I explained about the club to at least 2 people who later became supporting members.
    I think stand should be in the entrance like last time and not inside as in previous occasions.

Baykes and Apon like this.
  12. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

@JVU - hi John, I am ok helping with the tickets sales. Probably with setup and Take down as well as I organized before and Liason with Steve Tyree.

The part Bruce did was - organize booth volunteers and getting the raffle items to event, (Cash Box) and for sale items to event. I would prefer someone else organize that part.

Coral reefer likes this.
  13. rygh

rygh BOD

Selling tickets is fine.
    It went well last time. We made quite a bit for the club.
    Being at the entrance was good.
    I think someone had an idea for hourly raffles also.

14. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

So do we have someone willing to do Bruce's role for Table/raffle sales organized.