Cali Kid Corals

20G Frag Tank Fish/Snails

My new 20g frag tank is up and running, the tank is plumbed directly into my 210g DT. I have a small issue with hair algae growing on a small Acan frag. All the other frags have no hair algae or small amounts at this time. What would be the best fish and/or snails to battle this small amount of algae as well as future algae, and pests. Some people say a six line wrasse for the pest control since it will be alone in a small tank. Just want to get a good clean up crew for this tank to help with good coral care.

Thank You!

I want to say Hectors Goby / Rainford's goby supposely eats hair algae and is considered a nano fish. Im considering replacing my sixline.

Most sixline wrasses are mean fish.

Have a diverse group of snails and hermits.

Ill tell you something weird about my frag tank plumbed to my display. It grows bryopsis!!!! I think my blue legged hermits eat the bryopsis because if I take a newly infested frag and throw it into my display, it will be clean of bryopsis and there is none in my display.

The hermits cant seem to climb on frag racks who would blame them, theres holes everywhere and they have to balance on the rack.

As for preventing other algae, what I do is I dont add algae covered frags/rocks to my tank. I try to take frags off their original frag plugs and put them on clean ones. I also try not to overfeed and promote invasive algae growth.

Last edited:
If it's a fairly small amount, I would just go with manual removal at this point. It might be worth checking your water parameters to see where your tank's at too.

Back