225 upgrade IS HERE

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by iani, Jan 31, 2010.

1. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Awesome rockscape and thanks for the video. That definitely gives you an idea of what the fish get to see!

Also thinking of going with the key largo marco rocks for my new tank and I think this solidifies my decision. Will have to look into that hydraulic cement. If I can get away with doing that instead of pvc pipes, it would look better.

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I've used Leak stopper as well, good stuff.

Folks don't forget that Neptune's has Key Largo for nearly the same price an you can hand pick what you want :)

3. iani

iani Guest

True Gresh. I would have bought it from neptune but I didn't want to deal with having to transport 200 pounds of rock. If I were doing this on a smaller scale I would have bought my rock from them for sure.

4. Ian, I don't think that was the stuff I (and The Aquarium) used. It was a mortar that some of the zoos and aquariums used for their displays, came out of Reno or someplace up that way. Sounds like Gresh and others have used this stuff, so good choice. BTW, your arrangement looks great!

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Museums and public aquariums used ThoriteĀ® (amongst other things) of which is no longer available under that product name. I suspect that is what you used, although, it's nearly the same thing as most other hydraulic cements on the market.

6. Eight

Eight Guest

Really nice. Did you have to drill at all? Or is it all just put together with cement?

7. iani

iani Guest

I drilled a couple rocks, I only used one rod. I did zip tie a lot and cement around and over the zip ties.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

With the Key Largo it's harder to drill and easier to fin holes to work with :)

9. iani

iani Guest

That is pretty much what I did Gresham.

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

what, fin holes? :) Gotta laugh at my fast typing spelling mistakes :lol:

11. iani

iani Guest

Haha, I knew what you meant.

12. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

That is awesome rock work!
    I just saw the video.
    sweet!

13. iani

iani Guest

Thanks Jon, big difference between the video and the pictures huh?

14. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Huge difference. The depth is lost in the pics. I think you need an underwater video camera! :D

15. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

That's one sweet T5 fixture hanging there (I'll be more than glad, if you ever decide to sell it, to take it off your hands)
    There's one FS on RC for $1200

I think reefers visiting the area will have two choices when it comes to visit an aquarium, either CAS or Ian's

16. iani

iani Guest

You mean the sfiligoi on my 125?

17. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

what a tease.. wheres the rest of the tank??

seriously, nice rock works.. i'll be calling you for advice on the cement. I'm hoping on getting my tank started soon... hopefully before you do. :)

18. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Yup; and I thought ATI were cool looking, yours is like the Maybach of the Mercedez Benz

http://www.maybachusa.com/index.php

19. iani

iani Guest

Thanks Ed. The tank is the back ground of the pictures. haha. I hope you get your tank set up soon as well.

20. iani

iani Guest

LOL, its alright. I probably will be keeping this light and selling my elos planet II 250x2 de 4x39 T5 which is over my frag tank.