Cali Kid Corals

225 upgrade IS HERE

Now you can see them from the side - although it was pretty cool looking at the old ones top down.
The Wantanabe is such a stunner in person. Females in higher-K tanks are so freaking cool.

houser said:
Now you can see them from the side - although it was pretty cool looking at the old ones top down.
The Wantanabe is such a stunner in person. Females in higher-K tanks are so freaking cool.
Yep, Dave. Hopefully they will all settle in shortly. I think they kind of feel out of place in such a big tank. haha

Kensington Reefer said:
Ian
I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for those snowflakes. It's a shame that they are not all perfect specimens.
I'm happy with what I got. Chris special ordered them for me. I just hope they all make it to adults.

VERY nice clowns. How many did you get? I heard you have to have 4 or more or else the top pair will pick on the lower clown and kill them off?

Patrick, I got 5 of them. I think the key is also starting them off small and introducing them all at the same time.

You know I just took those shots really quick. I shot them handheld with a nikon d300. I used a 90mm tamron macro on F8 (I think). I just made sure the shutter was faster than 1/100 of a second. Did some adjustments in Nikon lightroom, decreased the color temp to drop the yellow in the shot and increased my exposure because I under exposed the shots a bit.

Haha. 10 would just be too much.

The clowns so far are doing great. They are all swimming with each other. They almost never venture out alone.

My fave one out of the bunch.
newfish-March042011-3copy.jpg

Group shots
newfish-March072011-3copy.jpg

newfish-March072011-4copy.jpg

newfish-March072011-6copy.jpg

Hah, its a bleached chalice for sure. I found out today that my calcium had not been pumping into my system for probably ~1 month now. I fixed the issue and I hope that will solve some of my bleaching issues.

iani said:
Hah, its a bleached chalice for sure. I found out today that my calcium had not been pumping into my system for probably ~1 month now. I fixed the issue and I hope that will solve some of my bleaching issues.
Same shit just happened to me 2 wks ago. I know it was out for at least 10 days. Did the pump die or head pop off or what. Mine died, but haven't yet cracked the case to see if it was something obvious.

ryanjiang said:
Wow I have never thought of keeping group of clown fish, interesting! Do you think they will keep in the group while growing bigger.
I have 4 clowns that sleep together and hang out together in my frag tank under the house.

Back