High Tide Aquatics

225 upgrade IS HERE

You know..Ian is never happy with what he has for long and gets the urge to upgrade again. Bets on what will replace his 225 in 2 years? lol :-D

Patrick, I want to get started on the actuator this weekend. I'll see if I have the time.

Tony, we will see. You do know I like to upgrade. haha.

I don't know what all the hype is its a big rectangular piece of glass,LOL

This tank is massive n makes my 120 look like a biocube. I will be leaving for a family issue n I will be back late sun early Monday I will call you then

Alright, it will probably be a little bit before I actually get the actuator working. I am going to go with a couple of these kits to turn my 6 mounting points to 3 wires.
http://www.sunlightsupply.com/hort/products.aspx?request=WIRE_SUSPENSION_KIT_2_POINT&title=Light+Movers+/+Hangers&type=product

This will make my pulley system much easier to implement. Less elaborate = better.

Actuator and pulleys in place.
81b64086-1.jpg

Testing
YouTube - Track actuator, for light fixture

The fixture has 6 mounting points. However to make things easier, I bought a couple sunlight supply double point hanging kits to turn the 6 points into 3. That is why there are only 3 cables. My plan is to mount this thing to the ceiling and build a nice box around it so all you see are the 3 cables coming down.

sfsuphysics said:
Sweet, when you get it built make a shopping list I'd like something like that too :D

Mike here is what you need.
http://www.firgelliauto.com/default.php?cPath=104
I got the 20" faster track actuator

Part # 3213T52 from mcmaster.com

The stainless steel wire came in the sunlight supply two point hanging kit.
I also used #10 1.25" bolts, washers, and lock nuts.

That's it so far.

Yes. It's much easier to make a lift using the track over a linear. The track doesn't extend twice it's closed size thus making it have half the foot print of a linear.

Ah, I completely missed that part. Re-read the thread and he seemed to talk about the fix, but yeah, seems like the track actuator would just be the better plan in the long run, plus the one you got apparently has the power supply already connected (I'm assuming it's an AC/DC converter)

Back