got ethical husbandry?

250 W XM20K SE Bulbs

seminolecpa

Past President
Anyone have experience with these bulbs or perhaps the 15K bulbs? I am thinking of switching out my 14K Hamiltons on my 58 gal as I am not that happy with the color.

Also can anyone recommend where to get them from locally. Seems like around 62-65 is the on-line price.

Woah, you've waited a long time for an answer!

But I've had my 250W Phoenix 14K Single Ended bulbs installed about 2 months now. I love them. One of them was defective, but after my replacement, both are burning equal colors. A very cool white blue.

Had the 10k Reeflux before. Which I liked because it was very bright, but the 14k is a bit more pleasing to the eye IMO. I've tried to play with my camera to get the right color match, but can't. I'm in San Jose if you wanna check it out.

Here's you answer, the 15ks are horrible, horrible bulbs. The 20ks rock!

I'm starting to sense a trend here posting wise and am afraid it's going to get fun.

tuberider said:

I'm starting to sense a trend here posting wise and am afraid it's going to get fun.

Not to derail this long running post but I know the old 15ks were really bad. They redesigned them and they posted a comparison with the old. The spectrum and the output looked good (to my limited experience) donyou think the new ones stink? I bought one and it seems pretty good to me ( I used to have the 20k)

Thanks
Nick

This was back when I had my old magnetic ballast. Mikey may chime in about the big buzzing box from hell as he inherited it. Nothing but Radiums for me now thanks.

miles405 said:
tuberider said:

Not to derail this long running post but I know the old 15ks were really bad. They redesigned them and they posted a comparison with the old. The spectrum and the output looked good (to my limited experience) donyou think the new ones stink? I bought one and it seems pretty good to me ( I used to have the 20k)

Thanks
Nick

I was answering in the context of the OP which is very old :) don't know about the redesign though, haven't seen any numbers to actually make me try them, even on a customers tank ;)

Bryan, the old buzzbomb has really weak output, mikey won a blueline @ BAYMAC and the difference between the two is amazing.

Back