2nd Annual Frag Swap Feb. 23rd 2013

Discussion in 'Diablo Corals' started by eldiablosrt8, Jan 5, 2013.

1. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

[​IMG]

pre reg

Piper
    Denzil
    Saltwatersig
    Felicialynn
    Fidel
    Sendo
    Mayur
    Steve patchin

2. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Jess- I do not have frags but attend the event anyways. :) so consider me registered.

3. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Pre reg end Feb 15th and you will be charged $20 not $15 for entry,

we will be offering our normal 3 frags for $20 for the swap as well if you dont have anything to swap. Its our choice not you choose corals for your entry. We will also be supply anywhere from 50-100 frgas as well to load up the swap. Please remember we ask for 3 frags but that doesnt mean bring just 3, if you can bring more it will allow the swap to last longer and give a better selection of corals for participants.

RULES

• Corals will be placed on tables with a family of corals (I.E. Zoas, soft corals, LPS, SPS - sticks, SPS - plates, other)

• You will receive a name tag with a group letter

• letters will be called in this order: A;B:C:D;E;F;Z;Z;F;E;D;C;B;A;A...

• When your group letter is called, in the first round, you will have a few minutes to select a coral

• Successive rounds will be shorter and you will be able to grab more corals.

•All containers shall be labeled with the coral type, your name and internet handle and growing conditions if they are not labeled you will be required to label them before entry.
    • Any corals that are deemed unhealthy or freshly fragged will not qualify you for the swap, it is against our mission to reward poor propagation techniques.

Please treat all corals that you pick at the swap as if they are infected with the worst pests known to man, dip your corals with the povidone provided for free at the swap (if available) or your favorite coral dip. Not only does dipping help to prevent pests from making their way into your tank, it can help to prevent the spread of nuisance algae as well as keeping the instances of necrosis to a minimum.

Non-Qualifying Corals

these organisms have been deemed too common in the hobby. They will be placed on a separate table from other corals at the swap. If you only bring non-qualifying coral that are on this list you will be restricted to only picking from the common table for the first two rounds.

Green Star Polyp (GSP)
    [​IMG]

Brown Protopalythoa (sea mat)
    [​IMG]

Xenia
    [​IMG]

Anthelia

[​IMG]

Encrusting Gorgonian (brown GSP)

[​IMG]

Kenya Tree

[​IMG]

Colt Coral

[​IMG]

Brown Toadstool Leather

[​IMG]

Macroalgae (California legal varieties)[/

4. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Remember you can pre-reg over the phone through pm or email, or just stop on bye............

you can pre-purchase your frags as well and save $5 if your a contributing member

5. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

we are taking pre reg now so if you want to save $5(reg)/$10(reg and coral buyin) this is the time to do so

6. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

How many people attend the last one?

7. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

we had 66 last year and wqe are looking at about 100 this year rough count. We reached out to a few more clubs and from the pre reg list right now we have people from redding all the way to fresno area. should be a sweet turnout

8. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Hot damn :). I'll be out of town, boo

9. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Enjoy your show Gresham, you will be missed....

10. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

I'm in, I will PM you to pay for pre-reg & frags :)

where will this be located?

11. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

12. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

last call for pre reg it will close tomorrow when i close

13. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Registered!

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

paypal sent for pre frag swap registration

15. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I registered! I'm ready to get some nice stuff for the new frag tank I just set up a couple weeks ago. :)

16. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

I received payment by the three of you above.....

17. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

show cancelled for me, I will be able to attend and will bring items I promised for raffle with me.

18. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

awesome to hear gresh

19. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

hey Gresh still have the TDO sample? :)

20. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

I'll be sure to bring some of all three sizes :)