Reef nutrition

2nd Annual SF tank tour?

Update for all, I think I need to close the rsvp. All full unless we get a drop.

1. APON - Arnold will show 120g tank.
2. Timten - Tim will attend
3. Skorpinok- Alvin will attend
4. Cwolfus - Charles will show new 70g? tank ( willing to skip Steinhart)
5. Raddogz - Eileen will show new 120g tank
6. sfsuphysics - Mike will CLEAN and show 100g tank and 125g tank ( willing to skip Steinhart)
7. LordHelmet - Chris (right?) will attend
8. kinetic - Art will attend with GF
9. wakskat - Mark will show tank (forgot the size)
10. otterpop510 - (Don't know name) will attend
11. Mr Ugly - Norm ( Mr. President ) will attend
12. Big Bones - Patrick (Arnold's Friend and BAR member) will attend and may show 60g tank
13. CheckRAZR - Doug will attend- but needs to Register on BAR first RSVP from PM in RC
14. Art's Girl friend
15. Reefer - Arman will attend (has tank in Treasure island that can show)
16. matt telfer will be going to stienhart and on the tour
17. Vencerama2 - Vince will attend - pending space at the Steinhart.

I think that is it we are full on Steinhart, I will try to see if we are ok with 17. ( Georgec is a maybe?)

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1722.msg16057#msg16057 date=1171550319]
Go on the tour, Phong!

Then I can bring you that candycane :D
[/quote]

Bring the coral to my house Norm, and I can deliver to Phong on the following Monday.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1722.msg16091#msg16091 date=1171568083]
Go on the tour, Phong!

[/quote]

Bring the coral to my house Norm, and I can deliver to Phong on the following Monday.
[/quote]

My personal delivery company ;D .. j/k

Thanks A Lot Eileen!!!!

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1722.msg16091#msg16091 date=1171568083]
Go on the tour, Phong!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will do :D

Hey guys,

Sorry I missed the frag swap. I really wanted to go but I had a recruitment weekend that I organized for my PhD program so I had to give a tour of the city and eat and drink with lots of cool people on UCSF's dime (very fun time actually). I have some frags of various things that some of you may be interested in so I'll post those before you all come over. My tank is only 29 gallons but I have lots of stuff packed in it. Looking forwrd to the tour.

Mark

Hey Norm,

That piece has been a slow grower for me but you are first in line for a frag. I think that my 150W 20K halide is not enough for fast growth. I may switch to a 14K bulb soon to get some better growth.

I would prefer to do the tour earlier rather than later if at all possible.

-Mark

Sorry Blink we are full for now, unless we get a drop which may happen.

Ok guys, I can't get a response from the Steinhart, the person who did our tour before doesn't work there anymore and the 3 biologist that I work with when we donate the corals haven't responded yet either. But here is the plan so far. The rsvp list is still the same as before.....

Last year we met at Mike's place and then car pooled around the city ( I think he has all day parking by his house. Right Mike?) I think we tried to only stay about 30 minutes at each place.

So we can meet at

Mike's like at 11am
Stop somewhere for Lunch ( we could take a stop by Lucky Ocean (BAR Sponsor) or even 6th ave- (NON Sponsor - be very careful if you buy anything, but its interesting to look since they are close) if we want)
Eileen's at 1pm
Mark's at 1:45pm
Arnold's at 2:30pm
Charles at 3:15pm
Ocean Treasures ( BAR sponsor is 1 block away from Charles)
and if you still want to go to the Steinhart to see it we could just go after that for those who want ( no Tour)

If the Steinhart Tour was to happen, it would have been in the morning at 11am...still possible if they contact me.

Or we can start at Steinhart (no tour - but good place to meet ) at 11am, and then head out to the homes after that.

Let me know what you guys think of this draft schedule.

I have all day parking yes, although it can be limited, however if we're going to go for lunch after, why not make lunch before and then start the tour? Just seems a bit silly to stop for lunch after one tour (even though it is lunch time).

Looks good.

I can bring a bunch of food if people want to eat at Mike's place. There's a huge turkey in my freezer just asking to be grilled on my weber :D

Speaking of BBQ - Norm, I just received Weber's new charcoal grill cookbook for participating in their survey.

We can eat at my house too, I just have to move my car outside. I have plenty of room plus comfy couch to sit on and eat.

I just found out about something that may force me to bow out of this one unfortunately but I will keep you updated. I really want to check everyone's tanks out so I'll try hard to reschedule this conflict (Fiancee forgot to tell me about an appointment she has made for us :p.

-Mark

Back