Jestersix

2nd Annual SF tank tour?

If we can do Steinhart first at 11, then either if we have a tour or not the schedule should still be the same?

Either way works for me =)

Hmm,

I've heard stories (lore) about Norman's BBQ, like the stories you hear about the one that got away or that LE coral that someone once had, but managed to die off in everyone's tank.

Anyways, I vote for Norman's food... or even potluck? Assuming Mike is willing to host all us slobs eating in his garage. ;-)

-C

I may venture for some of Norman's bbq, but I'm afraid after I eat it the meaning of life will be found, and life would be dull except for his bbq...

Haha... grillin' is not bbq so don't get disappointed! :D

Kenzo said he's up for a mini potluck too.

Mike's garage... Eileen's couch... decisions, decisions :D

Hey Eileen, what have you cooked so far on your Weber? You gotta try my chinese roast duck recipe on your grill!

I'm more inclined to Eileen's couch, simply because I'm going to be trying to clean enough for viewing my tank without tripping over a power saw not cleaning for safe human consumption of foods :)

Lets see what everyone else chimes in

1.) Potluck or not? I think Eileen's place is alittle bigger
2.) Still waiting confirmation on Steinhart, but that doesn't mean we can't go ourselves like Art suggested. The schedule can be close the the same.

Everyone please respond.

Nothing very adventurous - mainly ribs, steak, and such.

Hey Mike - you have a table saw? I need to rebuild the stand for the 58g at some point this year -it's fugly.

Yep, I have the old 1950's sectional couch so it should fit a bunch of people as well a two car garage so it should fit us with room for potluck as well. As unheard of in SF - yes parking should go without a hitch - so plenty of parking for everyone without fear of getting a ticket.

Steinhart (it's one word/name people! ;)) time is whatever for me since I won't be going, however if you do it earlier I would suggest reordering the viewing if at all simply to make it not as long a trip, I don't know about the other people on the trip but I'm not that close to Steinhart.

Eileen, sorry to say no, I have a nice miter saw which is fine if you need to cut two-by type material and the like, however if you need to make a long straight cut it is not the one for the job.

Sorry for the Steinhart - thing!

Eileen why not buy the wood in HD or Lowes they'll cut it for you. When I was building my stand, I purchased the 8 x 5 Plywood and had them cut it to my measurements. Free of charge.

OK how about this....

Meet at Steinhart 11am - we pay normal fee to get in and stay for 1 hour max.

Here is the tricky part....Eileen is in the middle so we may backtrack alittle, but....

Eileen's at 12:30pm (Potluck or bring your own lunch?) For those not going to Steinhart meet here.
Mark's at 2:00pm (possible drop)
(we could take a stop by Lucky Ocean (BAR Sponsor) or even 6th ave- (NON Sponsor - be very careful if you buy anything, but its interesting to look since they are close) if we want)
Arnold's at 2:45pm
Charles at 3:30pm - he is actually closer to Steinhart but I figure its an easy jump to the freeway to get to Mike's.
Ocean Treasures ( Optional -BAR sponsor is 1 block away from Charles)
Mike's tank at 4:15pm.

These are all rough times, but it worked out last year to something similar. We should carpool as much as possible.

Oooo - that works for me![quote author=Skorpinok link=topic=1722.msg16389#msg16389 date=1172268263]
Sorry for the Steinhart - thing!

Eileen why not buy the wood in HD or Lowes they'll cut it for you. When I was building my stand, I purchased the 8 x 5 Plywood and had them cut it to my measurements. Free of charge.
[/quote]

It's not the plywood it's the 2x4's that need to be cut down and dadoed (if that is even a word).

Ummm...when you guys come over next weekend I'll show you what I mean. It's kind hard to explain, but essentially I need table saw with a stacked dado cutting blades would be real peachy.

Okay... so 3/03 at 12:30 p.m at my house for potluck.

Ummm....how many people are showing up?

Well, use a big router to dado if you you don't get set up with the table saw.

If you have to rip the 2x4's, you can tack them onto a piece of plywood and use a skilsaw.

I'll pass on the Steinhart if it's just to see the public displays. I mainly wanted to peek at the BAR corals :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1722.msg16400#msg16400 date=1172277221]
I'll pass on the Steinhart if it's just to see the public displays. I mainly wanted to peek at the BAR corals :D
[/quote]

Ditto. I guess I'll see you all at Eileen's place.

Arnold, I you got my vote on the schedule.

Eileen, I'm in for potluck/BYOF at your place. Also, I have a portable table saw, but no dado, and a router!

C

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=1722.msg16407#msg16407 date=1172302747]
Arnold, I you got my vote on the schedule.

Eileen, I'm in for potluck/BYOF at your place. Also, I have a portable table saw, but no dado, and a router!

C

[/quote]

Woohooo - I don't mind springing for the dado blade set if I have access to a table saw.

Back