got ethical husbandry?

2nd Annual SF tank tour?

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1722.msg16412#msg16412 date=1172366568]
Woohooo - I don't mind springing for the dado blade set if I have access to a table saw.
[/quote]
You'll need to make a throat insert for the dado blade. Or at least clamp down some 1/4" masonite or ply to the table and raise the blade up through that. Let me check if I still have a dado set in the garage. Can't remember if I sold it with my table saw way back when.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1722.msg16414#msg16414 date=1172377726]Let me check if I still have a dado set in the garage. Can't remember if I sold it with my table saw way back when.
[/quote]

Oh well, no blades to be found. Must have sent those packing with the saw.

If you don't need to do a whole bunch of dadoing, you could do that trick with multiple cuts and chisel out the leftover narrow pieces.

Y'know like when you cut like this:

||_||_||_||_||_||_|

and turn it into this:

||______________||

It's easier on the saw if it isn't a high horsepower one.

Not bad Mike - I'm still cleaning up after tank re-haul - I'm trying something different - but after six hours of it I'm not sure I like it.

Well it was the glass tank, and that just was basically scraping the coraline off the glass, one razor blade and a little bit of getting my arm wet, and we're set!

The Acrylic one is going to be a pain, it's already scratched beyond all recognition but still using those "acrylic safe" plastic dohickies are not very efficient.

OK I got 1 drop so far Cookiejar is in.

1. APON - Confirmed wiill meet at Steinhart, ok for Potluck.
2. Timten -
3. Skorpinok-
4. Cwolfus -
5. Raddogz -
6. sfsuphysics -
7. LordHelmet -
8. kinetic -
9. wakskat -
10. otterpop510 -
11. Mr Ugly -
12. Cookie JAr
13. CheckRAZR -
14. Art's Girl friend?
15. Reefer
16. matt telfer
17. Vencerama2

Please confirm with me, if you haven't. Also need to know if you will be meeting me at the Steinhart or meeting at Eileen's hous for the potluck luck....oh if you will be bringing stuff. Maybe people can post what they are bringing so we don't bring the same stuff?

Confirmed.

Will meet at Steinhart if we can tour the BAR donations, otherwise I'll join the group at Eileen's.

Bringing a bunch of grilled turkey. Good for sandwiches if someone wants to bring bread/rolls.

Ah I feel bad for my gf taking a spot since I'm sure there are much more dedicated BAR members, and not even clear if she really counts since I was seeing if she'd be included in my family membership =/ Please give our spots (both of them) to other BAR members.

Art, she can go. We have the numbers ok and no one on the waiting list currently. Let me know if you really want to drop out.

I left another vioce message today. I am not sure what's up over there. They usually contact me back right away, but this time...nothing.

I was able to move my meeting on Sat. so i will be able to show my tank. I'll try and post some pics tonight or tomorrow of some of the frags I may have available for trade as well as some DBTC frags. See you guys at the Steinhart aquarium.

Mark

Holldoll, sorry we are full right now. unless someone drop. Are you a member of BAR?

Good news everyone, I got the tour for just the Prop room confirmed, no basement tour though....not enough time. 11:30am on the 3rd floor on the Steinhart, you can visit your donations! (FYI - they said one of our donations had flatworms, no big deal, but remember to Quarentine your corals)

So please confirm up with me on where you will be going. If I don't hear from you by Friday I am going to assume you droped. I need to know where you plan to meet and if you are bringing stuff to the potluck - what it is.

Groovy, make sure to take plenty of pictures (I'm here by making that a requirement of those going on the tour! ... and you gotta post them too! :)).

I'll be meeting up at Eileen's place

Back