Neptune Aquatics

3/8" PVC fittings

I have an Eheim 1250 and I believe the output uses a 3/8" male fitting. I went to HD but 1/2" is the smallest fittings they sell. I'd like to go from that 3/8" male fitting to at least a 1/2" PVC. The pump came with a 3/8" male fitting toa 5/8" barb but I would rather not use tubing to accomplish going to PVC. Trying to find something local and avoid shipping charges.

The actual name of the part your looking for is a 3/8" fip x 1/2" pipe adapter pvc. Try the URBAN FARMER in the sunset district of SF. They will have it for sure!
http://www.urbanfarmerstore.com/

They have everything! If your going to buy alot of stuff from them tell them your a contractor and get a discount.

Don't look in the PVC section at HD, as you know you'll only find the more standard sizes, 1/2" 3/4" 1" etc... go look where they carry tubing, over there where they have the brass barbs and fittings you'll usually also find nylon or plastic fittings in those odd ball sizes as well.

Thanks Mike and Mike for the info. :) I checked the brass barb section at HD and still no go. I'm in on a group buy on BRS this week and found some stuff that will work for me. Gonna use a 3/8" NPT nipple and a 3/4" to 3/8" threaded reducer bushing.

sfboarders said:
Thanks Mike and Mike for the info. :) I checked the brass barb section at HD and still no go. I'm in on a group buy on BRS this week and found some stuff that will work for me. Gonna use a 3/8" NPT nipple and a 3/4" to 3/8" threaded reducer bushing.

Trust with the Home Depot, Lowes and Big Box Diy stores fitting like that are found @ Plumbing supply houses and Irrigation supply such as the one I listed will have any thing you need. I buy material from them every week.

John,

You can try Ewing Irrigation also. The one on 3rd and Jerrold is probably the closest one to you or the one on 900 Industrial in San Carlos from work.

Back