Kessil

34 Gallon RSM Tank Video - 14 Months

Well I just uploaded a new tank video. I don't know how to get rid of the bad quality. I used adobe premier 3.0. What format should I save it as? I used DV AVI. Is there anything better? Anyways, here is the video's link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg20XDIq5EM

Tell me what you think. Sorry for the bad quality again... if anybody knows how to fix the bad quality LMK. I have a new HD camera so IDK why it won't upload in HD.

what kind of light are you running on this tank matthew, I ask cuz your bubble tips don't seem to have any bubble at the tenticles, and I noticed this happen in my tank when the nems were like 28" away from the t5's

My old RBTA never had bubble tips, even 12" straight under a 150de :(

GreshamH said:
My old RBTA never had bubble tips, even 12" straight under a 150de :(

You know whats funny is I took one from my tank to Jim's shop and within 1 day it had bubble tips, but it had been in my tank for a year and didn't have them

Did you guys have your's in high flow?

All the nicer BTA that I've seen had bulbs in lower flow tanks. The one that I got from Jason as a tiny baby has developed bulbs now that I've moved it to a lower flow area.

My RBTA tank (and softies :D) is in a moderately high flow tank (2 modded maxijets) and the tentacles are happily(??) flapping around and swaying in the current... but they're long tentacles, bubbles only existed when it was young and quite deflated.

Relatively speaking, it's in a low flow area. Low as in not as high as the rest of the tank (2 MP40W going in the 32g). I've built some rockwork to shield around it and it seems to help. Out in the open it was deflated before.

I don't think it is high lighting that causes bubbled tips. I've heard nobody really knows why tips are bubbled or not, but I personally believe it is due to a matter of stress, feeding, lighting, water quality, etc. in which they change tentacles. I'm not saying bubbled tips is with all the right qualities, but again, I've heard no one really knows exactly what conditions cause what tentacles. I think that the best knowledge on tentacles would come from experience, but everyone has a different aquarium with different conditions, so still I believe there is really no way of knowing what will change tentacles to what. Just me theory... :)

Your theory is correct. No one knows what makes them do it or not do it but people still speculate as to why and hopefully will figure it out :)

The RBTA I got from Lynn shows bubbles when just the 32w 50/50 is on. When the 32w dual daylight also goes on, the tentacles stretch out and the bubbles disappear. This is in a 12g nano.

Back