Kessil

36" ATI Power Module (4 bulb)

Corallus

Supporting Member
I’m a little hesitant to do this, but I’d like to pass on my ATI Power Module to someone in the club who is reasonably handy and could use this light. I’d prefer it go to someone who plans to use it over their tank instead of just sell it. If there is a lot of interest, I reserve the right to pass it to whom I please, as opposed to first come, first serve. Here’s the story.

A while back, I picked up this nifty, used, ATI T5-led Power Module for my 3’ tank. I should have plugged it in to test, but my bad, it was supposed to be in perfect shape, and realistically, I would have taken it anyways… Among one or two other things, one of the LED clusters was only partially working. I got bold, started taking things apart, removed and reseated the led cluster and that fixed it. I should have stopped there. I decided that I wanted to have the 2 T5 channels on the inside and outside as opposed to one channel the front 2 bulbs and the other the back 2 bulbs. Seems simple enough; swap the wires from one outside pair of sockets with the other side’s inside pair. Somehow, I managed to screw something up and burned out a ballast. Ugh, ordered a new dimmable ballast from ATI, put the wiring back to original and when the new one arrived replaced it (not easy) and everything worked ok. Soooo, I tried switching things to where I wanted them again. And burned out the new ballast. This is how the fixture is sitting now. My guess is I’m shorting something with one of my new connections – there are a lot of sharp edges and very tight spaces in this thing, and someone with better hands than me can probably get it working either as original or with the T5’s reconfigured, for the price of a dimable ATI ballast (~$65 if I recall).

Other issues with this fixture. The display on the power supply is difficult to read because several pixels are burned out. You can kind of figure it out though, the programming seems pretty basic. But you need this because… I do not have the control cable for it. You’re supposed to be able to buy one from ATI, but I tried and after waiting 6 weeks with no ETA, I cancelled the order. In good cosmetic condition, with a melted/burned spot in the middle of the plexi light cover.

I'd love to continue holding onto this and fix it "some day", but a small apartment in SF does not go well with my hoarding tendencies. It’s got issues, but the price is right (free!) and I’m satisfied enough with my Aquatic-Life/Kessil setup that I don’t want to spend the time and money working on this one.

IMG_0381 (1).jpg
IMG_0382 (1).jpg
IMG_0379 (1).jpg

Hey Mike - my apologies, but i think it’s found a good home
If things change, I’ll update the tread and respond to pm’s.

Thanks!

Back