Neptune Aquatics

50 gallon IM lighting

Hi everybody just got my hands on a 50 gallon innovative marine I was planning on using three 160s on it for lighting but does anybody else have any ideas I cannot afford an ap700.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were me I'd sell the three A160s and then buy two 360's if it's going to be a mixed reef. Alternatively you can sell the A160's and pick up a 6 bulb ATI.

i have a LED light, the oceanrevive if your interested in that. T247 I believe. Worked on my IM for mixed reef. upgraded to dual radions for sps dominate tank.

Hi everyone

Another question. I decided I will go with the 3 160s on the new 50 IM
I plan on removing the 2 from the IM 20 I am currently running. I have the new one I bought yesterday. so a total of 3 now.

The dilemma is now, what do I use to light the IM 20? I plan on making that one my rock, clownfish and anemone tank... no corals.
I see a used Radion 15 g3 on Ebay. Is that a good light for a 24 inch long footprint? 15 inches wide or so. Seems like a good light never used them before only kessils.

I used to have one 160 on the 20IM and it was not enough light, as you said Bruce, I have black sand, and a black background so I had to use 2 kessils 160 on that one. Now that tank will be lightless, so exploring options for it.

If i find a used 360We I might jump at that. But I keep hearing about these radions... TBH I dont want to shell out for a second Kessil spectral controlller if i dont have to for the IM20.

You can get all sorts of light for that tank. I have a few used rapid led onyx full spectrum led for sale if you want to try them out first your welcome to barrow it.

You can get all sorts of light for that tank. I have a few used rapid led onyx full spectrum led for sale if you want to try them out first your welcome to barrow it.
Thx for the offer. Still exploring options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back