Cali Kid Corals

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5841.msg85462#msg85462 date=1235876858]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5841.msg85460#msg85460 date=1235876763]
Here's a picture from the tour.

[/quote]

That's it no more pics needed, weiner dog!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I figured that would satisfy you Jeremy :D

Yeah it was great!

Sorry for bailing on the last stop. After OT I was going to go and I actually pulled off on treasure island. But then i got lost, frustrated, and just decided to go home. :-[

Anyway, it was a great day. You guys all have seriously awesome tanks! It gives me something to strive for. :)

mucho mucho thanks to all who shows, came, and brought food.

I didn't take terribly many photos, I do however expect to see those who took pics of my tank... especially those with mad photo skills!!! :D, but I'll post sometime tomorrow. Unfortunately it's just after 8 and I really want to go to sleep I'm so tired...

Thanks for the great tour of tanks guys! Very impressive and yet I came home happy about my small corner of the ocean. Definitely encouraged to keep working to improve. Arnold glad you organized it. Thank you. I was without a camera, so looking forward to shots too.

Thanks to Arnold for organizing, all those who showed their tanks (I only got to see Mike, Ian and Arnold's tanks, though), and all the very nice members who helped me look after my daughter Jasper when she was on tank overload!

Your tanks are all amazing!!

many thanks to arnold for setting it all up. thanks also to daniel, mike, ian, arnold, and mark for letting us trample all over their place to check out their tanks. the behind the scenes tour with matt was very cool! it was nice meeting you guys!

Alright, my pics ain't all that (like Erics) so I'll just toss them in this thread. I only two pictures at two places though, felt silly taking pictures of Ian's & Mark's tanks because I already saw them (well ok Mark's I saw when it was more compacted :D)

First up Daniel's tank inhabitants

dcaps.jpg

dclam.jpg

deleg.jpg

dlords.jpg

This I need to comment on, looks like a little half dome plug with a single frag popping out, it puddled downward over the rockwork, and then when it got to the rocks it started growing outward! So the rule of thumb is, don't put corals on frag plugs they don't like growing on it :D
dmille.jpg

dzoas.jpg

dzoas2.jpg

And here's Mark's tank... awful lot of fish he has :|
sfish.jpg

Ok I lied, it's not Mark's tank... he's not cool enough to have a Fractionator Supply!
sfrac.jpg

Really makes my BM-250 look like a kiddy skimmer :(
sskim.jpg

I'd still rather do the two-part
scalc.jpg

No wonder they're still having problems... look what salt they use!
ssalt.jpg

Looks nasty, but this is the water they bring in, because they bring it in under the sand like 20 feet they get freshwater run off getting into it which makes it not as salty (the reason they have those big things of IO salt).
seww.jpg

Deep sand beds... never good for a tank :D
sdsb.jpg

sdsblabel.jpg

So what type of pump for my next tank... how about one of these 25hp bad boys?!
spumps.jpg

It was after 5 when we left, so got to see the main tank with "moonlights"... too bad we couldn't stay longer, I could have grabbed a beanbag chair and just sat right here watching this.
snight.jpg

Thanks for the tour Matt, and I don't think he was making this face for me, I think he just has a goofy face :D
smatt.jpg

Behind the scenes Tank Tour.

IMGP4169.jpg
IMGP4170.jpg
IMGP4171.jpg

Protein Skimmers

IMGP4172.jpg
IMGP4173.jpg

Matt's watch, because he stuck it in front of the camera as I tried to get a shot of more people. :D

IMGP4174.jpg
IMGP4175.jpg
IMGP4179-1.jpg
IMGP4182-1.jpg
IMGP4180-1.jpg
IMGP4184-1.jpg
IMGP4185.jpg
IMGP4186-2.jpg
IMGP4189-2.jpg
IMGP4190.jpg
IMGP4188-2.jpg
IMGP4187.jpg
IMGP4191-4.jpg

Thanks Arnold for setting this up! I learned a lot... Mostly that, there are different ways to achieve beautiful tanks. :D

Thanks to Lordhelmet and whoever else it was who brought the plates and utensils; and of course everyone who brought all the food! We could have fed 20 more people! I loved gauking at all the shared tanks and the working innards. Thanks to people who explained things to me, and for friendly conversations, and for carting me around Glee. I had a great time! :D :D :D

Arnold, could you identify everyone in the group picture for us? I met some, but not all, and I don't know which Avatars match the faces.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5841.msg85545#msg85545 date=1235929526]
And here's Mark's tank... awful lot of fish he has :|
sfish.jpg

[/quote]

Dang, I thought you guys made a stop at Lap's place to look at his tank :)

Arnold, thank you for putting this whole tank tour together. Beverly, Matthew & I enjoyed it and had a great time. To all those who volunteered to have your tank as part of the tour, thank you as they were all great. Thank you, Matt, for the extensive tour as it was amazing. Thank you, Mike, for allowing us to have the potluck at your house. All the food was good as our bellies were full. And lastly, thank you Arman & CJ for the tank tour and the great food!!

Thanks,
Benjamin

Yeah - for those who didn't go to Arman's you missed out on some good food and great looking tank!

Ben post your pics up later too.

It was great seeing old faces and new. Definitely worth the drive. Thank you, everyone! You've got some gorgeous tanks. Special thanks to Matt, too, for allowing us to stress out Steinhart security a little longer than usual :p You're the best!

thanks again everyone for having us. i really appreciate everyone for opening up their homes and letting us gawk at all their coral goodness.

and thanks Arnold for not losing faith in me :)

Back