got ethical husbandry?

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

hehehe, nah I was referring to the "natural looking" comment being the mixed reef of softies and stonies intermingled, I have no issues with the sand being "more natural" (in fact I agree to a point), I just go sandless for other reasons and I deal with the "lack of natural" :)

Granted I have VERY little experience, only Hawaii in person other than photographs, and I don't recall seeing too much of stonies growing with softies in between, etc.

I think my tank looked more natural because you don't really see the rocks and I have sand and lots of little fish! All the other tanks had way more cooler - rarer corals than mine, Mike's tank had really great color too! Maybe Eric managed to get a good pic? We'll see.

I meant pics of my tank...... Mike, your pics look great. Now you have a bench mark on what the tank looked like clean and precrash.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5841.msg87396#msg87396 date=1236691731]
More natural looking? :D

But yeah there's more than one way to do tanks, I'll agree.

[/quote][quote author=Unarce link=topic=5841.msg87419#msg87419 date=1236700160]
Careful, Lyn. The 'natural' thing's a touchy subject among the sandless :p
:D
[/quote]

LOL ;D

Well, I don't think there are too many spots in the ocean with a glass bottom.. :) But after seeing all the beautiful "sandless" tanks and the obvious advantages, I am just about converted over. :D

Back