Cali Kid Corals

650-IS350's tank ( aka DELSOL650) 37 cube

Well been in and out of the hobby for some time. I had a 100gal for the longest time that was prolific in growth especially with polyps ( zoanthids, Palythoas, Protopalys, neozoanthus and so on ) As you can see, I'm a POLYP head. I do collect SPS and some LPS as well. At the end of last year when I was slowly breaking down my 100 to bring it downstairs to have space for my 37cube, something occured in the 100 and the tank crashed all the sudden after a week or so of bringing it downstairs.
I was able to save some sps/lps but lost pretty much all my polyps.

So here some shots from this year.

tankpics021.jpg

tankpics027.jpg

tankpics028.jpg

tankpics029.jpg

tankpics030.jpg

I originally planned for a barebottom, but it looked to unatural for my taste and I couldn't keep wrasses so back to sand I went.
I now have a Mystery, Tonzu?,Yellow coris and Leopard wrasses as my guard dogs for my polyps. I recently spent a $$$$$$$ to slowly get my collection back.

Here are just a couple of pics. Unfortuanately I don't have a expensive DSLR and only have a sony point and shoot.

DSC04916.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

DSC04954.jpg

DSC04894-1.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

Darn you Charles! Just kidding. Now that you have a 37g thread, I'm going to have to put mine up soon too.

Looking good. I tried the bare bottom for a while, but went back to sand too.

Only have room for 1 tank unfortunately. But i am playing with the idea of setting up a 10 or 20 gallon next to my current tank. Been wanting to play with some acrylic to make a cube but im sure it will come out crappy judging from my work with the brace issue on my tank. :)

Back