High Tide Aquatics

6th SF Tank Tour - Tentantive Sun Dec 6th?

Apon

Supporting Member
Ok I think its time for another tour and potluck and how the tanks have grown in 9 months.

I have had requests to hold it on a Sunday instead of Saturday - so I will try. Tentantive Sun Dec 6th? or we can pick another day. - Who is available to show the tanks that day? I will organize a schedule later on......also instead of a potluck again?

Although this is not an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 20 current 2009 BAR members....priority to people showing tanks. We have always ran out of room before. Sometimes we include a Store tour as well or a Steinhart tour. ( check out older threads). I will have to see how much interest or help I get to organize.

For those who have not gone to this before you can Search on "SF Tank Tour" for old pics. Its always been a good time with a good group of people. We usually go from 11am to about 4pm or so.

I need in RSVP.

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing

example
Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank.

Not having done this before, I think I would be game for this. Would I be opening my home to our members so they can see my tank? If so, that would be good. By then, Tuberider will probably have tank completed, so we can cover more ground. Not sure if I am getting the gist of things, but it sounds interesting none-the-less. LMN

R.K.
Joel/Showing/Mixed Reef

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3941_2.JPG

Arnold,
I would offer up my tank as a stop but I'm 20 minutes north of the GGB near Muir Woods.
Definitely not SF.

John, looks like you will have to have your own one tank tour. Set the date far enough out and not during retail hell, and I am getting off work.

Joel - where do you live...no address needed yet, just what area of the city. You can look at the last tour thread we did thread to see how it works...thanks for offering to show your tank.

Richard - you went to the last tour so you know what we do anyways...keep an eye out because the date is not set in stone yet.

John - The SJ tour we did we drove more than 20 minutes to some places, but you can still attend the tour if you want. If you really wanted to be in the tour we, could start at your place or end there....its still open for planning.

Space is going fast.

Reminder - Although this is not an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 20 current 2009 BAR members....priority to people showing tanks. This is an example of an event that a regular member (me) is holding. You too can organize events within the club. : )

For those who are 1st timers - We usually arrange carpools later on and do a potluck at one of the houses. let me know if you have any questions.

RSVP so far

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank.
2.) Joel/ Reef Keeper/ Showing Mixed Reef
3.) Jason / Eight / Viewing
4.) Bonnie / bebe1120 / Viewing
5.) Art / kinetic / Viewing
6.) Ian/IanI/showing
7.) Tim/Timten/viewing
8.) aalhait / AJ / Viewing

Mike you should show off your place again and remember all the extra food you got to keep. : )

Ok fine, but only if I get to keep the extra food :)

Actually if I don't have the food eating here that's fine too... but damnit I need to do some serious cleaning!

ok Joel - noted your changes

Garvin you are in SF - you want to show off your tank? Its cool to see new tanks.

RSVP so far

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank.
2.) Joel/ Reef Keeper/ viewing - late arrival? 1pm?
3.) Jason / Eight / Viewing
4.) Bonnie / bebe1120 / Viewing
5.) Art / kinetic / Viewing
6.) Ian/IanI/showing
7.) Tim/Timten/viewing
8.) aalhait / AJ / Viewing
9.) Eric/Ibn/Viewing
10.) garvin/glee/tentatively viewing
11.) Mike/sfsuphysics/showing

sorry guys, wife says "no way." besides, the tank is located in our breakfast room and makes for difficult group viewing.

Back