High Tide Aquatics

6th SF Tank Tour - Tentantive Sun Dec 6th?

Apon said:
Now the drop outs begin : (

Sorry you can't make it Art. I guess we now have a open spot. I don't think you live close to anyone coming right? Mayeb someone else can bring the Plates, Utensils, etc..

I really hate to be the party pooper. If nobody can take the utensils etc. I can probably drop it off with Ian if he'll be in Berkeley sometime this week.

Now the drop outs begin : (

Sorry you can't make it Art. I guess we now have a open spot. I don't think you live close to anyone coming right? Maybe someone else can bring the Plates, Utensils, etc..

Confirming. Bringing Japanese style potato salad

will carpool and can fit 1 more in my small BMW. Pm me to check availability. I got you covered Jim.

OK - Lapson will take the open spot... Tim still hasn't confirmed, if anyone ever hears from him. Arman confirm on going, but not on the potluck yet?

I think this is the current list... Updated to include potluck items.

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank. / bring chow mein or dim sum to potluck
2.) Joel/ Reef Keeper/ Viewing - will buy something with APON
3.) Jason / Eight / Viewing -We will bring California Rolls
4.) Bonnie / bebe1120 / -We will bring California Rolls
5.) Lapson/Oriental express/ Showing - bring Plates/napkins/ utensild
6.) Ian/IanI/showing - having Arnold bring Roast Pork for him.
7.) Tim/Timten/viewing-?????
8.) aalhait / AJ / Viewing - sweets and/or sodas
9.) Eric/Ibn/Viewing / Bringing Spring roles or $10 ( you need to tell me in advance of the day so I can buy extra food to cover you)
10.) garvin/glee/tentatively viewing -Japanese style potato salad
11.) Beverly/Guihan +1/veiwing - Hot Links or dessert
12.) Jim/ Gimmito/ viewing - Korean BBQ
13. )Arman/reefer/ showing 120 (on tresaure island) -????
14.) Patrick/patrickb/Showing -7 layer dip and chips
15.) Jimmy/jimmyc/viewing - bring some sort of hot sides like mashed potatoes and mac and cheese
16.) Perry/xinumaster/viewing - egg Rolls
17.) Benjamin/Guihan/Viewing -Hot Links or dessert
18.) John/JAR/Showing - Hosting Lunch - Cookies and Maybe Crab.
19.) Scott/Sendo/Viewing -ambrosia salad
20.) Matt Wandell/Matt Wandell/viewing - drinks

Waitlist. ( incase we need one - we did last time)
1.)
2.)

Here is a Rough schedule -allowing for 15 minutes travel time in the city...estimate ( except for John's tank in Marin)

I will PM you John's address on Friday to all that have confirmed. At his house I will pass out the list of the other addresses. Hopefully the weather will stay dry on Sunday.

10:00am - Joel, Matt, and Patrick - can you be at my place at this time, then I need to go buy some items before heading over.

11am - JAR's 210 at Muir Beach - Potluck Lunch there? - there is a bridge toll

1:30pm Ian place/Coral store actually : )

2:30 pm Arnold's place -

3:30pm Lapson 's Place

4:30pm Patrick's Place - ( 1st time showing tank!)

5:30pm Arman place ( 1st time showing tank!) He is on Treasure Island so not far from SF and there is parking and no Bridge Toll.

6:00pm tour end?

How does that work for everyone?

Apon said:
Here is a Rough schedule -allowing for 15 minutes travel time in the city...estimate ( except for John's tank in Marin)

I will PM you John's address on Friday to all that have confirmed. At his house I will pass out the list of the other addresses. Hopefully the weather will stay dry on Sunday.

10:00am - Joel, Matt, and Patrick - can you be at my place at this time, then I need to go buy some items before heading over.

11am - JAR's 210 at Muir Beach - Potluck Lunch there? - there is a bridge toll

1:30pm Ian place/Coral store actually : )

2:30 pm Arnold's place -

3:30pm Lapson 's Place

4:30pm Patrick's Place - ( 1st time showing tank!)

5:30pm Arman place ( 1st time showing tank!) He is on Treasure Island so not far from SF and there is parking and no Bridge Toll.

6:00pm tour end?

How does that work for everyone?

Great. :bigsmile:

If there is now room, I would love to join as a viewer. I moved to the bay area in the spring; maybe I can pay the BAR dues at the tour? Can bring a green salad.

Have we met? - your handle looks familiar. Sorry there will be no one to take the dues on the tour...if you join in Jan its good for the year. The Xmas meeting next Sat - is open to all I believe, member or not.

Even though this is not an official club organized event, its an event that I as a regular member put on. I would like to keep it open to active members as I listed earlier in the thread. ( I made exception for Matt - who was a former BAR speaker) I hope you understand, no hard feelings.

If you join in Jan, I believe there will be another tour in Jan or Feb as well.

I completely understand that this tour is reserved for active 2009 BAR members. Wish there was a pro-rated membership option. I was planning to join in January, but could join online now if no other active members can attend this Sunday's event. Maybe you've seen me on RC or one of the San Diego reef forums.

Wow you really want to pay $20 for the month of Dec and another $20 in Jan. Up to you if you do, then you would be eligible for the tour, and thanks for supporting the club. If you become a member before Sat. then you will be able to get the PM I will send out for the address of the tour. just let me know, I should see the BAR member tag under your handle. I would also need your real name, etc..

We used to do proration but it was no much administration to track them all for a all volunteer BOD.

FYI - Just to let you know we also have the same kind of requirements for other activities... In the past for example - you had to be an active member that had attended a least 1 meeting for the special BAR Members only Frag swap and things like that.

99SF - I need your real name. Also I hope they updtae you soon, as I can't send you a PM until they update your status.

Back