840 gallon reef tank for sale $2000

Discussion in 'California Reef Company' started by anthonyvyeda, Jul 14, 2019.

1. anthonyvyeda

anthonyvyeda Guest

Hi I have a 840 gallon aquarium for sale. The dimensions are 8 ft long by 6 ft wide and 30 in tall. This sale includes tank stand canopy and two sumps which are about a hundred fifty gallons each. The tank is made out of acrylic and is scratched but looks like they can be buffed out. Please call or text 2098989029

This aquarium is located in newark at california reef co.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Thank god this wasn't available a couple years ago, I might have been tempted by it :D

anthonyvyeda likes this.
  3. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Whoa. I wonder how one works on this tank, like reach the middle or bottom. Would love to see someone get this and set it up.

4. sfsuphysics

Well I had a 5' x 6' tank but it was MUCH shorter at 22" tall (aiptaia and bubble algae caused me to break it down.. but that's another story) and yeah making essentially a scaffolding that you can lay on was pretty crucial if you wanted to work on anything in the middle... which is why the middle was designated as a very open space for swimming, rock structures and what not were put closer to the walls than the middle of the tank.

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

Those dimensions put it closer to 900 gallons, not to mention the additional sumps. You’ll also need a flatbed truck to move it since most full sized pickups are only 4’ between the wheel wells. I guess you could try loading it vertically and strapping it good.

Any pictures? It would be nice to know where the overflows are and how thick the acrylic is (and how much buffing needs to happen).

6. jccaclimber

jccaclimber Supporting Member

That is a gorgeous dimension, and a decent price too. I'm not sure I want to deal with an acrylic reef again (coraline), but that sure does make not moving mine from Texas seem like a reasonable possibility.

To answer your question MoloMola there are 3 things I do with mine:
    1) Gripper tongs are your friend.
    2) Your sleeves and armpits get wet, it's just how it is.
    3) You can always get to things like I did when I swapped over from my previous tank (on the left, pardon the jury rigging everywhere). No, there is no shelf behind the tank. I actually planted my freshwater tank (barely visible down the right side of the photo) with my feet on a step stool, but my torso more or less laying down on the eurobrace as well. While you want tanks to look nice from the front, you really need to plan account for lighting by viewing from above anyways.

Edit, switching this to a thumbnail so there isn't any confusion with the OP's tank. Click for larger:
    IMG_0502.JPG

A good picture here might be enough to get my interest.

Edit 2: OP texted me some pictures, hard to tell condition but it looks like a single 10" to 12" overflow tower in the center.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. anthonyvyeda

anthonyvyeda Guest

I tried to add pics but i cant figure it out.

8. The_Lazy_Reefer

The_Lazy_Reefer Supporting Member

Download the tap talk app if you are trying to do it on mobile

9. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

damn!
    that tank would solve a lot of problems...

10. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

I saw the tank in person at Ca reef co. Thing is a monster! If i remember right, they had it tagged for 10k $$ . US dollars :eek: thats a big price drop. Now offering for 2k

11. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster Staff Member

The overflow is in the center FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

What you can with this tank is endless

13. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

....I have been eyeing that whale shark.

tankguy likes this.
  14. Not that endless.

15. sfsuphysics

16. Still not that endless. You could however have one tang and the tank police would finally be happy.

bluprntguy likes this.
  17. sfsuphysics

Screw that, I'd get two tangs!

dswong01 likes this.
  18. Kole tangs then.

19. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

I think I have about half of the know tang species...
    I need pics of that beast of a tank

I would need a crane...

20. @ashburn2k can deliver. :)