Kessil

8th- SF TANK TOUR 2013 Sunday Nov 3rd

Apon

Supporting Member
Last Updated made - 10/22/2013

Its been a while since I did one of these, but I think its time. I am think the first weekend in Nov? First I need to see who will be interedted in showing their tanks. So please respond here if you can. I think we need at least 5 tanks to make worth it. I am thinking Sunday (Nov 3rd)is better...at least for me. I will pick a date depending on availbilty of folks.
For those who have not gone to this before you can click on http://www.bareefers.org/forum/index.php?threads/7th-sf-area-tank-tour-sept-25th.12150/for old pics and info. ( I think the pics are gone since we moved forums)

Its always been a good time with a good group of people. We usually go from 11am to about 4pm or so- with a potluck or something.
Although this is not an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 20 current 2013 BAR Members....priority to people showing tanks. We have always ran out of room before. I will have to see how much interest or help I get to organize.

Draft Scedule: I think this is good set of tanks.

Allowing for 15 minutes travel time in the city...estimate ( 20-30 minutes from Jar's place back to the city)
10:30am - maybe form car pools? TBD - Please post if anyone can help with carpools.
11am - JAR's at Muir Beach - Potluck Lunch there.
1:30pm Wilfred's Place - 120 gallon tank
2:15 pm Lucky Ocean ( local fish store- close to Arnold's place has offered a BAR discount- good place for fish and dry goods.)
3:00pm Arnold's Place
4:00pm Patrick B's Place.
5:00pm Top Notch Coral's (local Store - has offered BAR discount) last stop end of tour.

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing /Potuck item?
example
1.) Arnold / Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank and 30 zeroedge tank / DIM SUM
2.) Bennett / bee505 / viewing
3.) Mike / sfsuphysics / viewing/ Potato Salad
4.) Mike / Coral reefer / Viewing Maybe showing 220?/ no Pot Luck
5.) Denzil / Denzil / viewing
6.) Kris / Kmooresf / viewing/ Chipping in $10 to Arnold for food
7.) DeeAnn / DeeAnnMG / Viewing /$10
8.) John / JAR / showing and hosting Potluck again- 215 reef. 20g clown prop tank. 2500 gallon Koi pond.
9.) John / aqua-nut / viewing / Cookies
10.)Theo /Euod/ viewing / Drinks Sodas
11.)Richard/ F6553066/viewing/ Ham and vegetable frittata
12.)Lawrence Yang/""/veiwing/Tri Tip
13.)Dan/Tr1gger/ Viewing/ $10
14.) Lap/Lapson/Viewing
15.)Patrick/ PatrickB/ Show and viewing
16.)Gusty/ Anathema/ Showing maybe? and viewing
17.) Gresham/ BAYMAC plus 2 guest/ viewing/ $20
18.) Joel and wife/ Reef keeper/Viewing /chicken wings with ranch dressing.
19.)Calvin Crutchfield / Calvin / Viewing / $10
20.)Judy Sugiyama / not yet joined / Spinach Dip
21.)Wilfred/WFong/Showing 120/ Garlic noodles and egg rolls

waitlist
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Again - This is NOT a club sponsored event - so all complaints/questions go to me, not the club.
Here are some old pics of my tanks - (before I had my SPS crash in 2010)
apon zero edge.JPG
camera 015.JPG

Last edited:
Me, viewing. Seriously this time, I'm in the middle of a construction project and it isn't safe downstairs for people... not safe for me to absorb a lawsuit if someone breaks an ankle :D

I would love to go. I will need to know the actual date though, cause I need to get the day off. I will be watching to see what it ends up being.

Thanks for the responses so far, please write your rsvp like Bennett did for me on the thread so I can keep track. Mike(SFSU) does your wife have some of those sweat melons from the farm again like last time?

Sat or Sun preference as well. I am leaning toward sunday.

Arnold, unfortunately no. Since last year the farm moved up north a bit, as a result the melons ripened quicker so the season was over that much sooner, so no more melons.

Now if you want various types of winter squash, or pumpkins (since it'll be after halloween, nice pie making!) then I might be able to hook you up with a little prior notice :)

Half way there folks...list has been updated. Since No one has said they wanted Saturday...I am going to make it Sunday now.

I have a few more maybes on showing tanks as well now and JAR has offered to host a potluck , please feel free on posting what you might to bring to the potluck lunch. Plan to bring something that can feed like 6 people. We need
Apptizers
Drinks
Main dishes
Dessert?

If you list what you might bring I can update the first page.

I'ii view. Anyone in the east bay what to car pool?
Ok great! F6553066, I need your first name so I can update the list.....see the first page for what I mean. Car pools are great idea and I will also post about that as well later.

Back